Reedy Creek RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does Disney really need more BAD PR?

Iger said he wanted to keep the companies dirty Laundry out of the news.....
He might take his lumps and let this one go...

I don't think that challenging severe government overreach/abuse of power would be "bad" PR. That's not to say that I would be against any plan for restructuring, but in it's current form it's pretty egregious.

I don't think that challenging severe government overreach/abuse of power would be "bad" PR. That's not to say that I would be against any plan for restructuring, but in it's current form it's pretty egregious.
Have you looked at Disney PR lately, even on this board it is bad.
Did you know they just laid off 7000 employees?

Any thing Disney Does before it brings back Annual Passes, the Dining plan, and makes another profitable movie, will be more bad PR......

Chapek put Mickey in meat grinder very publicly.

Iger needs to Fix that very privately.

Already started that since this is already a win for Disney from dissolution to this new structure being presented. Disney still keeps a majority of its privileges.

The legal question will be the makeup of the board. Disney may not even have to be the ones to file legal claims about that and could still win back control of the board.

Iger said he wanted to keep the companies dirty Laundry out of the news.....
He might take his lumps and let this one go...
I was thinking along the same lines as you. I don't know how much decision-making power the Reedy Creek board has over operations but for many corporations it is mostly advisory.

Now Floridia needs to take over control of the board at The Villages. ;)

Have you looked at Disney PR lately, even on this board it is bad.
Did you know they just laid off 7000 employees?

Any thing Disney Does before it brings back Annual Passes, the Dining plan, and makes another profitable movie, will be more bad PR......

Chapek put Mickey in meat grinder very publicly.

Well, that's fair. They need to do a whole lot MORE than just fight with the state government - but I don't think they are unjustified in doing so. Of course, they can't keep court procedings quiet as they are rightfully public.

Well, that's fair. They need to do a whole lot MORE than just fight with the state government - but I don't think they are unjustified in doing so. Of course, they can't keep court procedings quiet as they are rightfully public.
Court preceding in this country as public for the express reason for not trying to look shady. To make the courts appear fair. Trying to keep anything out of the courts would make Disney look bad, and be more bad press.

Court preceding in this country as public for the express reason for not trying to look shady. To make the courts appear fair. Trying to keep anything out of the courts would make Disney look bad, and be more bad press.

Oh, I know - I'm not arguing that they shouldn't be public - I just don't think that disney should not pursue just to keep it queit regardless of the optics.

Oh, I know - I'm not arguing that they shouldn't be public - I just don't think that disney should not pursue just to keep it queit regardless of the optics.
I know I shouldn't but I'll bite.....

How would you propose the Disney would go about disputing this and keep it quietly Legally?
It is not like it is a private negotiation, they are dealing with the state, and possible the court system.

I know I shouldn't but I'll bite.....

How would you propose the Disney would go about disputing this and keep it quietly Legally?
It is not like it is a private negotiation, they are dealing with the state, and possible the court system.

Oh, I think you misunderstood me. I was agreeing with your need to "quietly fix" some of the damage Chapek did, but in the case of the Reedy Creek legal matter, I don't think they need to keep it quiet at all. They can't anyway, but I would assert that battling government overreach would be seen as good PR, not bad. I have no concerns with them going to court.

Last edited:
Anything Disney does at this point would be bad PR.

And the counter claim is that Disney was given an unfair advantage and the state has just leveled the playing field and is being fair to the other theme parks in Florida.

But it's not really true. Disney was given more power, but also total responsibility. I don't think they were "getting over" on anybody. It was an advantageous setup for all parties, including the state. Now, that's not to say that I can't understand the call for some additional oversight, within reason, but the plan as it stands jsut gives the governor too much power, and I do not agree with that.

And the counter claim is that Disney was given an unfair advantage and the state has just leveled the playing field and is being fair to the other theme parks in Florida.
It didn’t though. Disney still has its privileges afforded to it by the district. A few things previously afforded go away (nuclear power plant) but otherwise this only changes the board structure. Disney is still above all other companies on the playing field.

The only thing that puts them on level playing field is dissolution of the district.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter