• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Just checked into BC an hour ago and went to get our mugs. Learned they only had blue and red (they said I got the last blue.) Hard to believe this is the only 2 colors they have property wide so I came to the disboards to confirm. Kinda bummed this is the same info I'm reading here....was hoping for 4 different colors before making the purchase. Oh well...so glad all the disboards friends provide real time accurate information. Thanks guys! Happy Saturday!!

Congrats on checking into the beach club! Have a great trip!! That is a bummer about only two colors being available. I was hoping for different colors when we check in, but I guess we shall see. I wonder why they won't release the other colors yet?

Personally, I don't think it will be the kids dropping mugs -- I think it will be the adults who are trying to wedge 3 or 4 mugs in the crook of their arm who will be dropping mugs. And a full mug is very top heavy so I'm sure many guests who try to balance them on a tray will also be having plenty of spills. I'm sure Disney will be offering (for a cost) clip-on handles and/or beverage carriers in no time. I've already mentioned to some friends who are heading to Disney in a few weeks that they should collect a few beverage carriers from fast-food restaurants (or my favorite -- the caddy from Thrity One) to take with them on their Disney trip so they have a way to carry their mugs.

I agree with this. I just picked up a carrier at a local place to decorate and take with us!!

Congrats on checking into the beach club! Have a great trip!! That is a bummer about only two colors being available. I was hoping for different colors when we check in, but I guess we shall see. I wonder why they won't release the other colors yet?
It has been mentioned that this is a test. So it could be that they didn't order a bunch of them.

Or since they are new, the supplier needs to ship more.

Thanks, I will give this a try b/c the baking soda/dishwasher detergent didn't do the trick.

I don't know if you have them, but milton tablets are great for this kind of thing too...(the stuff you sterilise baby bottles with)

I am a bit new to the RFID mugs, but my wife still has some mugs from 7 years ago.

The mugs are useless in the parks correct?

It is kind of like needing a straw when dining out. How many people look funny at the waitstaff if they forget to give straws? Do these people really use them at every meal at home

I don't always use a straw when out, but they are useful when drinking from a glass with a lot of ice in it. Similarly at home I will often use a straw if I have ice.

If you check in online vs physically at the hotel can you still use it? we were planning on going straight to the park for a bit then to the hotel after 3pm.

If you check in online vs physically at the hotel can you still use it? we were planning on going straight to the park for a bit then to the hotel after 3pm.

The short answer is "yes."

The longer answer is, you get your refillable mugs in the resort's food area, not at the resort check-in desk. If you have a dining plan then you redeem your mug credits in order to "pay" for the mugs at the registers.

I was at POFQ July 29-Aug 3. Only blue & red mugs with handles at POFQ and POR. Same at Poly because I went there and checked out their supply! The CM at POFQ store told me that green was no longer going to be available, but take that for what it's worth. I wonder why only red/blue are anywhere to be found? Maybe because they are historically the most popular colors and they had ordered more than the green and lavender? Really strange--we were there at the end of May and all colors were available.

A question. I hate that after you put coffee in the refillable mugs they always taste like coffee. I prefer to use them only for pop when I'm there and coffee at home. Weird question, I know you can fill up your mug with coffee and then if you wanted to transfer it to a disposable coffee cup you brought, no big deal. But is it allowed to just pour it straight into the disposable cup? What if I bring the mug with me to prove I have it? Any ideas? Just seems gross to me to have to drink pop and coffee out of the same cup all week...

A question. I hate that after you put coffee in the refillable mugs they always taste like coffee. I prefer to use them only for pop when I'm there and coffee at home. Weird question, I know you can fill up your mug with coffee and then if you wanted to transfer it to a disposable coffee cup you brought, no big deal. But is it allowed to just pour it straight into the disposable cup? What if I bring the mug with me to prove I have it? Any ideas? Just seems gross to me to have to drink pop and coffee out of the same cup all week...
We hate to put coffee in our refillable mugs for the same reason. No one will say a word to you if you pour your coffee into a different container. At least no one has said a word to me when I used a different mug.

But I did find out that if you fill your refillable mug with Coke after you have used it for coffee and let it sit overnight, then the acids in the Coke seem to erase the coffee taste. We like iced tea in our mugs and coffee just ruins the taste of the tea. The overnight Coke trick works great.

FYI I bought a box of generic denture cleaning tablets at Walmart today and soaked all the travel mugs, then gave them a good scrub with a sudsy washcloth. It worked! There's a ridge about an inch up from the bottom of the Disney travel mugs that I wasn't able to get completely clean (I'll bet a baby bottle brush could have gotten it), but the tea staining is gone and the smell of coffee in some other ones is completely gone. Yeah! I can't find the post pages ago that suggested that, but THANK YOU!

Arrived August 10th- only red or blue mugs with handles. Visited AoA on the 12th (Friday)- same thing. On Saturday, they had an assortment of MUGS WITHOUT HANDLES, lots of colors. They let me exchange the handle one for a purple handle free one I am at POR

Arrived August 10th- only red or blue mugs with handles. Visited AoA on the 12th (Friday)- same thing. On Saturday, they had an assortment of MUGS WITHOUT HANDLES, lots of colors. They let me exchange the handle one for a purple handle free one I am at POR
What colors?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter