Refillable Mug Question

djnrook

Mouseketeer
I noticed that many of the refillable mugs have a removable tab on the bottom that opens up a compartment. It seems that normal ice cubes would not fit in here, and also says "Do not fill this compartment with liquid."

What is the purpose of this compartment? I imagine if you fill it with water and freeze the mug before use, it would keep your drink cold, but as the ice melts wouldn't it drip?

Any insight?

THE PURPOSE??
it is air insulation , so the outside of the cup is not cold or hot to the touch.
it comes off in case of water getting in during washing.

just a thought.

Wow, I've never seen one with a compartment! Which resort did it come from??

:)

The Contemp mugs are the only ones we have that don't have the removable cap on the bottom. The mugs with the removable cap are nice because you stick stuff in there like a napkin or wipe or even a plastic bag to hold it when you're finished drinking.

Our mugs, from our stay at the Contemporary this past January, do have the removable bottom. I never noticed before reading this thread though! Those mugs are definitely a good investment if you're staying several days at one of the resorts. We used ours every morning and evening, and I made sure to refill them again just before going to bed so we'd have something to drink if we woke up thirsty during the night. We did get our money's worth! :D

When you have a cold liquid in the cup water will gather on the outside of the inner cup..the water falls to the bottom where it evaproates. This keeps the outside of the mug from getting wet.

Hello folks,

I know exactly what mug you're talking about, I have the AS-Movies version.

I just got back yesterday and noticed that they've also gone up in price too $9.99...ouch!!

I could be wrong but I think only one of the two cups have this feature.

Take care and God bless.
Anthony
':^)

P.S. The Holidays at WDW are awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter