Refillable Popcorn Buckets

Just wondering if you were able to use an older bucket for six days, when were you going to buy the new bucket?

If they didn’t refill it on day one of our trip we would’ve bought a new one on Day one for $10 (or whatever the cost is). Instead, we refilled at $1.50 a pop for six days. Seeing as how there’s only two days left of our trip, we won’t be buying a new bucket and we simply won’t get popcorn for the next two days and will just wait until the next trip to get a new bucket.

Were they consistent with the policy, a new bucket price plus refills would’ve been spent on this trip by our family. Now, they only get the money from my refills on the first six days and nothing for the next two.

Once again, I know what the policy is but as everyone this thread has stated, Disney hasn’t followed it. I’m fine with them doing it, but let’s DO IT instead of being “Disney Nice” about it.

Note: I’m not upset by this...we were certainly doing something we “shouldn’t” have been doing. However, let’s be consistent with the policy, Disney. That’s all.

If they didn’t refill it on day one of our trip we would’ve bought a new one on Day one for $10 (or whatever the cost is). Instead, we refilled at $1.50 a pop for six days. Seeing as how there’s only two days left of our trip, we won’t be buying a new bucket and we simply won’t get popcorn for the next two days and will just wait until the next trip to get a new bucket.

Were they consistent with the policy, a new bucket price plus refills would’ve been spent on this trip by our family. Now, they only get the money from my refills on the first six days and nothing for the next two.

Once again, I know what the policy is but as everyone this thread has stated, Disney hasn’t followed it. I’m fine with them doing it, but let’s DO IT instead of being “Disney Nice” about it.

Note: I’m not upset by this...we were certainly doing something we “shouldn’t” have been doing. However, let’s be consistent with the policy, Disney. That’s all.
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what your complaint is? Basically you got pixie dusted for 6 days and you are complaining about it?

I'm wondering if Disney are tightening up on the rules. When we went in Dec. , it seems another person was refilling on old bucket and the CM made it sound like new rules were going in effect come Feb. (as in last month). Since this was all overheard, not quite got everything said....... who knows, but I've been watching since we came back if anyone said something about new rules.

I would think if we brought back the Christmas design one for our May trip, we should be turned down first try.

Last edited:

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what your complaint is? Basically you got pixie dusted for 6 days and you are complaining about it?

I mean, we’re on different plains here obviously. I’m NOT complaining. I know we were lucky. Others on this thread have stated that they’ve used their buckets for three years and never been questioned. I’m coming on to say that they seem to be selectively questioning now. The problem is when you run a customer service oriented business you shouldn’t really open yourself up to “selectively” allowing things to happen. As I’ve said in multiple posts now, it seems we were lucky to be able to refill. Similar to other policies Disney has in place, though, they should follow them if they want to have them rather than picking and choosing when to apply them. That’s the “complaint” if there is one. The initial post, however, was made to tell others on this board — since this is, after all, a place where people come to find out information — that they may in fact be cracking down now.

From a business perspective, by selectively choosing when to refill, Disney lost out on $10 from me for buying a bucket at the start of my visit and then two or three popcorn refills over the last days of my stay. Had they said “no” when I first refilled the bucket, they would have made more money. Hence, from the business side of things, their “selective” following of the “rule,” made them lose out. That’s not a complaint — it’s simply stating things from a business perspective. Heck, I’d be fine with them putting a chip in the thing that they scan and it’s only good for ten days or fourteen days.

Once again, I appreciate the “bonus” refills, however this shouldn’t be accepted as a “given” anymore as some merely two pages ago were stating that it was. Perhaps they are cracking down - to which I would have no problem.

I'm thinking that it more of the make a dang rule and stick to it. Stop jerking people around.
Maybe so. But I think we both know that Disney is never black and white with anything. Things get given and taken away on a non consistent basis at Disney all the time.

I mean, we’re on different plains here obviously. I’m NOT complaining. I know we were lucky. Others on this thread have stated that they’ve used their buckets for three years and never been questioned. I’m coming on to say that they seem to be selectively questioning now. The problem is when you run a customer service oriented business you shouldn’t really open yourself up to “selectively” allowing things to happen. As I’ve said in multiple posts now, it seems we were lucky to be able to refill. Similar to other policies Disney has in place, though, they should follow them if they want to have them rather than picking and choosing when to apply them. That’s the “complaint” if there is one. The initial post, however, was made to tell others on this board — since this is, after all, a place where people come to find out information — that they may in fact be cracking down now.

From a business perspective, by selectively choosing when to refill, Disney lost out on $10 from me for buying a bucket at the start of my visit and then two or three popcorn refills over the last days of my stay. Had they said “no” when I first refilled the bucket, they would have made more money. Hence, from the business side of things, their “selective” following of the “rule,” made them lose out. That’s not a complaint — it’s simply stating things from a business perspective. Heck, I’d be fine with them putting a chip in the thing that they scan and it’s only good for ten days or fourteen days.

Once again, I appreciate the “bonus” refills, however this shouldn’t be accepted as a “given” anymore as some merely two pages ago were stating that it was. Perhaps they are cracking down - to which I would have no problem.
Thanks for clarifying. However, as far as the application of Disney policy - and I'm not saying it is right (or wrong) - Disney isn't consistent with any of their rules or policies so I doubt that is ever going to change.

I don't think its so much Disney employees and when they chose to do things "selectively". I think for me, I wouldn't want to shame someone. It's possible that is why you were able to use it for those six days. I guess I was just a little confused, because the way you had worded it was you still had inteded to buy the bucket even after the six days. People know the rules and honestly I think they may bend them because, if others are around they don't want to emberass anybody. I know that when I went to customer service to get a issue resolved with a fast pass. The agent was rather snooty and really left a bad taste in my mouth and there were others around, I can tell you I did not feel magical when I left. Maybe they were trying to save yours, and their feelings.

I'm thinking that it more of the make a dang rule and stick to it. Stop jerking people around.
How are they jerking people around? By allowing people to get away with breaking the rules most of the time? Lax enforcement doesn't sound like "jerking people around" to me. Once the call you on it, it's done. People seem to get all bent out of shape because someone actually enforces the rules that they knew about all along.

How are they jerking people around? By allowing people to get away with breaking the rules most of the time? Lax enforcement doesn't sound like "jerking people around" to me. Once the call you on it, it's done. People seem to get all bent out of shape because someone actually enforces the rules that they knew about all along.
Because no one knows what the actual rule is.

Well, until it is enforced.

The sign, right next to the price, says "valid for length of stay." The rule seems pretty clear and well communicated.
And I was told, when I purchased my bucket, standing right next to the sign, "If you are an annual pass holder, it is good for the length of your ticket."

Does anyone have a picture of the current design? Curious what I'll be adding to our bucket collection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter