Refrigerated meds?

scootersmom

Mouseketeer
Our DS9 was diagnosed with a sinus infection the morning of 12/24 and is on the liquid amoxicillin, which must be refrigerated, for 10 days. We leave for WDW on 12/29. The dr. says he'll be good to go as far as flying, etc. but will still be on the meds. Any suggestions for transporting it on the plane in our carry on? I'm wondering if I borrowed one of the individual insulated baby bottle holders with the little ice packs from my DD if that would be ok going through security, etc.

:D Can't see where that would be a problem at all. All carry on items go through the x-ray machines and what you are doing with the bottle holder should be no problem at all. I travel with several meds and I never put them in my checked baggage{could get lost} I always carry them on and there is never a problem. Hope this helps:D

if possible, see if you could get the chewable amoxicillin tablets. if your child takes chewables it's worth it because the bottle of pills is smaller, you don't have to refrigerate it or have a special way to measure it out. just pop a pill and you're done!
good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm just nervous about packing things the 'wrong' way or something.

maps-- The dr. gave him the choice of liquid or chewables and I wasn't thinking and let him choose. Unfortunately, he's not a very good medicine-taker, so we'll stick with the liquid and borrow the insulated bottle carrier.

I'd ask your pharmacist about the refridgeration of the Amoxicillian. When both of my kids were on it recently, I made a comment to my pharmacist about how he was making it just as I was picking it up. I said, I guess that way you don't have to refrigerate it. She said that it didn't need to be refridgerated to keep it good, it's only for taste purposes. So, it's possible that you can give you DS his dose in the morning, carry it with you, then place in a refrigerator when you get to your destination. Call and ask, it can't hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter