Refunds due to mask changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how I can get a refund on dated tickets bought through a third party site? When we planned the trip masks were required for everyone everywhere. It seemed very safe. Then a few weeks ago they were no longer required outside, which seemed iffy with large crowds but we were willing to chance it as long as we had our N95s.

Now they suddenly aren't required at all. Frankly this seems insane to us when there are still thousands of cases of community spread in the country every day so we will no longer be taking our June trip.

Is there an easy way to get our money back, or do we need to get lawyers involved?
Trust the Science

Anyone know how I can get a refund on dated tickets bought through a third party site? When we planned the trip masks were required for everyone everywhere. It seemed very safe. Then a few weeks ago they were no longer required outside, which seemed iffy with large crowds but we were willing to chance it as long as we had our N95s.

Now they suddenly aren't required at all. Frankly this seems insane to us when there are still thousands of cases of community spread in the country every day so we will no longer be taking our June trip.

Is there an easy way to get our money back, or do we need to get lawyers involved?

I am vaccinated. My kids can't be. And the vaccine is not 100% effective. CDC guidance is that vaccinated people can take their masks off, except in crowded areas. Universal is crowded, and they are doing nothing to make sure unvaccinated people are not taking their masks off. This is in direct contradiction with CDC recommendations.
If your kids aren’t vaccinated, I assume they’re under 12?

If that’s the case, why worry? Under 12 poses a near zero risk. Significantly less than the Flu for that age group.
You’re vaxxed. The odds of you getting severe symptoms are 1 in 100,000. I’ll repeat that- 1 in 100,000. Meaning if everyone in the US was vaxxed and Covid infested Florida man spit in everyone’s face, only 3,300 Americans would show severe symptoms. That’s how amazing the vaccine is at keeping you immune (90% chance) or having mild to no symptoms if you are that unlucky 10% (99.99% mild or no symptoms).

Also- your kids are safe by every statistical metric unless they have a severe immunity disease (and if that’s the case; I’d pray you wouldn’t have booked the trip to begin with). Much safer than flu season at home.

I get the fear- we’ve been bombarded with it for over a year. Some factual and some factual but sensationalized. But the bottom line is- don’t buy into the hysteria and enjoy your trip.

If your kids aren’t vaccinated, I assume they’re under 12?

If that’s the case, why worry? Under 12 poses a near zero risk. Significantly less than the Flu for that age group.
You’re vaxxed. The odds of you getting severe symptoms are 1 in 100,000. I’ll repeat that- 1 in 100,000. Meaning if everyone in the US was vaxxed and Covid infested Florida man spit in everyone’s face, only 3,300 Americans would show severe symptoms. That’s how amazing the vaccine is at keeping you immune (90% chance) or having mild to no symptoms if you are that unlucky 10% (99.99% mild or no symptoms).

Also- your kids are safe. Don’t buy into the hysteria and enjoy your trip.
Agreed....like the chances of getting hit by lightening and in a car accident, right? But we still drive and go outside when rain is near.

OP, if it is the popular third party site with an amphibious mascot, I can say that I had a really good experience with them when I had to cancel our trip last year. I did pay a small fee, maybe 5%-10%(?). I would call them directly, not email or chat, in order to explain the situation. Maybe they could even just credit you towards a future trip.

It amazes me that nivekious asks a question about ticket refunds and so many of you answer with your views on mask wearing and vaccines.

All they wanted to know is info on getting money back from a third party site.
You’re not wrong. But topics are veered from all the time. And when someone is wanting a refund for a non-factual fear; it’s not inappropriate to point out that fear isn’t appropriate or factually based.

If someone posted asking about a refund because they feared they’d be injured on a roller coaster; I doubt it’d stay on topic either.

Being worried about Covid for healthy kids <12 or for someone fully vaxxed is even crazier, statistically.

We’re coming off the 2001 Summer of Sharks: Covid edition. So I get the fear. But it’s also appropriate to point out the facts. And the facts are: by all statistical evidence, OP is safe. By all statistical evidence, the kids are safe. And by all statistical evidence, shark attacks weren’t higher in 2001 than years past.

It amazes me that nivekious asks a question about ticket refunds and so many of you answer with your views on mask wearing and vaccines.

All they wanted to know is info on getting money back from a third party site.
And a recommendation for a good ticket refund lawyer... I recommend the law offices of Dewey, Cheetum, and Howe. Experts in ticket refunds AND shark attacks

What were the refund/cancellation terms listed by the 3rd party when purchased the tickets? And have you called to ask them about a possible refund? To me, those are the first steps here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter