Refunds on special experiences

kabbie

DIS Veteran
I had booked & prepaid for a fireworks cruise for Sept 23rd - I received the cancellation email today from Disney. There is the following verbiage at the bottom of the email. Has anyone received their refund "sooner" than the 7 days prior to the reservation date??

I got 2 emails for them canceling my 2 DS dining reservations. It says the same thing on the bottom of both emails.

I had booked a happily ever after dessert party for Oct and when I checked my bank balance today, a refund has been issued for it. Literally a couple of hours later, I got a cancellation email. Unsure when they technically cancelled it as I've not been checking my bookings, was just waiting for them to be cancelled automatically but I definitely checked it on Tue and it say still there so only taken 4 business days max

I cancelled an EMM and a HEA Dessert party online, and the refund was back on my card in just a few days.

I'm still waiting on a refund for a Villains After Hours party that should have taken place in the beginning of May. The CM said they had to go in and manually refund them, so it might take awhile. I'd call them, but I don't want to spend forever on hold. I'll try again next week.

I had a fireworks cruise for September 25th as well as Luau tickets for the 21st. We have seen the refund for the Luau this morning but nothing on the fireworks cruise yet. The same verbiage was on each cancellation email.

Ooooo I would call if you haven’t gotten your May party refund . I called the end of April when I knew it would t happened and I got the Villian after hours refund about 4 days later.

I also need to cancel MNSSHP tickets...what is the best way to go about it for a refund?
Disney CMs via chat said I would only be able to apply them to another ticket.

Just checked my bank account, my Epcot Forever dinner booking form early Oct. was cancelled yesterday and nothing in terms of refunds yet. Hope I don't end up having to call for it.

We had a dessert event that dropped off Friday/over the weekend. Refund was in my account this morning. Haven't yet received an email confirmation for that one though.

I had Rose & Crown Epcot fireworks that was cancelled yesterday and no refund yet I also received the new confirmation with the 35% off price, but no refund on that either and received my new Resort confirmation listing updated price with the 35% discount butt no refund yet (was paid in full several months ago)

I also need to cancel MNSSHP tickets...what is the best way to go about it for a refund?
Disney CMs via chat said I would only be able to apply them to another ticket.
I called and explained that I was nervous about all the uncertainty. The CM put me through to someone else who promptly apologized, canceled the tickets, and issued a refund that showed up the next day.

I'm still waiting on a refund for a Villains After Hours party that should have taken place in the beginning of May. The CM said they had to go in and manually refund them, so it might take awhile. I'd call them, but I don't want to spend forever on hold. I'll try again next week.

I got an email from Disney on Friday saying my July 10 VAH was cancelled, and the refund showed up on my credit card yesterday (Tuesday). I’d call again, there’s definitely a problem with yours.

My Captain Hook's Pirate Crew was cancelled over the weekend and the refund showed up on my CC yesterday. So it took a few days but I got. I haven't received any emails about any experiences/dining reservations/updated package price for free dining, but it's all been changed in MDE.

I got an email from Disney on Friday saying my July 10 VAH was cancelled, and the refund showed up on my credit card yesterday (Tuesday). I’d call again, there’s definitely a problem with yours.
Thanks! I will. I'm thinking it's because the card I booked with expired at the end of April. They probably can't refund it until I update the card info. I'll call them about it.

Well, this morning I received notification that my Savi and Droid Depot reservations were cancelled....and my funds posted to my account today as well.

I had Villains booked for last week. Had my credit card refund within 2 days after they canceled the event.

OK you guys have me worried now....my Highway in the Sky Dine around dropped off my MDE about a week ago, still no email confirmation and no refund =( It was for early September

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter