• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refunds

2-pointdoe

Mouseketeer
For those who have had trips canceled and requested a refund, how long does it typically take?

When ours was canceled June 2020 due to parks closing we had every penny of our trip returned to our account within 32 hours of processing our cancellation in MDE. Sorry, just saw this was about ABD, so I can't speak specifically to that return but Disney is known for prompt hassle free returns, so hopefully you'll not wait too long.

Last edited:

Similar experience here - I’ve had three three cancelled, most recent was earlier this month, and always get the refund back to my credit card within 4-5 days.

A couple of folks have reported it taking longer when the card used to pay is no longer active, as Disney refunds back to original payment. I don’t know what happens if paid by gift cards.

Similar experience here - I’ve had three three cancelled, most recent was earlier this month, and always get the refund back to my credit card within 4-5 days.

A couple of folks have reported it taking longer when the card used to pay is no longer active, as Disney refunds back to original payment. I don’t know what happens if paid by gift cards.
We are having this problem, as I used some rebate/prepaid cards to partially pay for our trip and no longer have the cards. So I have some money sitting in limbo that I will have to apply to another ABD.

That's kind for what I am worried about - the original egypt was booked in may of 2019 and then rolled over to new zealand. I can't remember if I used any disney cards or not let alone which credit cards along the way. Of the 39K from the cancellation last week, I have received only $258 from united (total airfare was 11K).

Hoping for a smooth transition back.

That's kind for what I am worried about - the original egypt was booked in may of 2019 and then rolled over to new zealand. I can't remember if I used any disney cards or not let alone which credit cards along the way. Of the 39K from the cancellation last week, I have received only $258 from united (total airfare was 11K).

Hoping for a smooth transition back.
Yikes! I hope it works out OK for you. I’d hope AbD should be able to tell you how payments were made, to help you sort it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter