Regarding adding days to 10 day tickets

I'm not surprised either. Like my last post on this thread says, it's not a standard offering. A lot of CMs don't know about the option to begin with. No one should count on it being available for their particular situation.

I wanted to post on this...even though I know it is a dated thread from May.

We tried this just last week- we tried guest services at AK. We tried at ticket windows. We tried at concierge at Beach Club and CBR.

We were looked at as though we had 3 heads.

Maybe we just never found the right person, but we asked to speak to someone higher up in management and even then we were told this is not something they have ever heard of and absolutely no and go buy an annual pass. This was despite the fact that we had 10 days onsite ressie with a 10 wp+hopper ticket.

Please don't count on this...
Thanks for trying and reporting back. Sorry it didn't work out for you.
Were you just trying to add on an 11th day?

Yes...my mom came to meet us and we wanted to take her into MK one night to see Wishes(she had plenty of days on her ticket)- but already had our 10 days mapped out as we actually had our tripped planned past our 10 day stay at CBR. We ended up watching them outside the MK- definitely NOT the same!

:confused3Maybe because this option is only for onsite guests and your onsite stay was not extending beyond 10 days, then they couldn't extend you tix beyond 10 days either? Just thinking out loud. :confused3

Yes...my mom came to meet us and we wanted to take her into MK one night to see Wishes(she had plenty of days on her ticket)- but already had our 10 days mapped out as we actually had our tripped planned past our 10 day stay at CBR. We ended up watching them outside the MK- definitely NOT the same!
Perhaps it only works once you used all 10 days...meaning going to cm on the 10th usage day?

I don't think so....according to them no such thing exists. They had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. It wasn't a matter of I wasn't eligible. We spoke to one person who had been working in their "department" for 10 years and he said there is no such way of doing this. He said the only thing remotely close is a complete comp 1 day ticket- and made it very clear that we had not had an issue that would "necessitate that." Even with the tropical storm and a sick child for several of those days, we would never ask for Disney to comp us for this. Honestly, at that point I was embarrassed because I didn't want him to think we were looking for a free handout and we were "one of those" who would complain expecting some sort of "comp."

I would love to hear if this ever works for anybody at this point.

Posting to resurrect this thread for a more recent experience. Has anyone recently been able to make this happen?

We're staying onsite for 11 nights. I'd kind of like to add one more night (my husband is ending up having to miss the first half of our trip; I'm trying to add an extra day on the side he will be there for), but would want to be able to add an 11th park day.

Updating this thread with our experience in December:

My family stayed at AKL in December 2017 with 10 day tickets as part of the package we booked through DISNEY.
Near the end of our stay I went to the concierge desk in the lobby to see if I could add extra days.

They added two days to my ticket and two days to my son’s ticket at a cost of $40. She initially only saw the extra four day add on (for a total of 14 days) but scrolled down and found the two day add on (for a total of 12 days).

My friend who was staying at Port Orleans Riverside also had success with her request to add an extra day to her 10 day tickets. She did better than me in that the CM there actually didn’t charge them anything for the extra day!

FYI for others - this thread helped me know about this offer so it was definitely worth asking for.

Last edited:
Here is what we encountered on our visit in November. We needed to add days. My daughter was on the last day of her ticket and my husband and I still had several days left on ours. Now, this could have been the CM we talked to. He was at the ticket booth entering Epcot from the International Gateway. I must say he was perhaps the worst CM we have ever encountered. He said because she was on the last day of her ticket and it had already been scanned that day, he could not see how much she originally paid so he made us pay the regular price for a 1 day admission. He did include the park hopper as he could see she already had it. Now, for my husband and myself, he added the day at the @1$0 rate. There was a line of people behind us and it didn't matter how much I said to the CM, he wasn't budging. My family was pretty embarrassed and I decided it wasn't worth it. I just paid the money and went on into the park.

That is just to say, if you want to add days, don't wait until the last one.

Here is what we encountered on our visit in November. We needed to add days. My daughter was on the last day of her ticket and my husband and I still had several days left on ours. Now, this could have been the CM we talked to. He was at the ticket booth entering Epcot from the International Gateway. I must say he was perhaps the worst CM we have ever encountered. He said because she was on the last day of her ticket and it had already been scanned that day, he could not see how much she originally paid so he made us pay the regular price for a 1 day admission. He did include the park hopper as he could see she already had it. Now, for my husband and myself, he added the day at the @1$0 rate. There was a line of people behind us and it didn't matter how much I said to the CM, he wasn't budging. My family was pretty embarrassed and I decided it wasn't worth it. I just paid the money and went on into the park.

Yes I made sure we still had days left on our tickets when I requested the add on. So did my friend.
Sorry you had such an unfriendly CM experience.

Anyone have success with this at All Star Movies? Going in June for an eleven day trip and are planning on not going to the park day 1. Would have to add the first day we are there as we have plans the remainder of the trip.

Who do we talk to? Who is the concierge? Just someone at the check in desk or someone special? Thanks!

Who is the concierge? Just someone at the check in desk or someone special? Thanks!

There is an actual full counter in the resort lobby (next to or across from the check-in counter) marked as "Concierge" or "Resort Concierge."
Ask a CM at that counter.

There was a line of people behind us and it didn't matter how much I said to the CM, he wasn't budging. My family was pretty embarrassed and I decided it wasn't worth it. I just paid the money and went on into the park.

There should be no reason for what happened to you.
You do not need to upgrade before a ticket has been fully used, as long as it is no later than on the same day that the ticket's last asset was used.
However, there can be situations where a ticket cannot be upgraded for other reasons.

Disney has a full record of the kind of ticket that your daughter used.
1. When did she buy her ticket?
2. From whom did she buy the ticket?
3. What kind of ticket was it?
4. How many days were on the original ticket?

If the ticket she was using was one that COULD be upgraded, and you want to pursue this with WDW ticketing, you should be able to get the mistaken overcharge corrected.

Last edited:
I am glad to hear it worked out for someone after it did not work for us 1 1/2 years ago. We ended up getting APs and LOVE the complete freedom of them.

As the OP of this thread, I feel somewhat vindicated-lol. Glad some were able to make use of this and verify that it is indeed something that happens.

There should be no reason for what happened to you.

If the ticket she was using was one that COULD be upgraded, and you want to pursue this with WDW ticketing, you should be able to get the mistaken overcharge corrected.

We were staying on site and I purchased the tickets directly through WDW online. It was all kinds of wrong. I really did think about pursing it, but I decided the aggravation was greater than the reward. Thanks for the solidarity.

Resurrecting this only thread to see if this info still applies now in 2020.

We are staying 10 nights at CBR. We arrive early on our first day and depart in the afternoon on the last day. We were planning to skip parks on arrival day since we are limited to 10 park days but if I can add an 11th day at the resort, we may try to hit the parks for a bit on arrival day.

Resurrecting this only thread to see if this info still applies now in 2020.

We are staying 10 nights at CBR. We arrive early on our first day and depart in the afternoon on the last day. We were planning to skip parks on arrival day since we are limited to 10 park days but if I can add an 11th day at the resort, we may try to hit the parks for a bit on arrival day.
You can try.
There has never been any "guarantee" that guests could add additional days to a 10 day ticket.
But, guests can "ask nicely" for any special accommodation.

Aporthole, I'd love to hear if you are successful as we would also like to add an 11th day to our tickets in August. If not, I'll probably look into Universal or other offsite activity. Thanks for bringing this back to life as I totally forgot about the possibility.

Last year we stayed 11 days. Had to purchase a one day ticket for each of us. Was still cheaper than APs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter