Regular vs Deluxe Dining plan?

cobbler

DIS Veteran
Ok. My mother just returned 2 days ago from a trip to Disney. She came back and asked me what is the deluxe dining plan.

I told her I don't know I have never heard of it. :confused3

She said every cashier or server asked if they were on the regular or deluxe dining plan. Is this something new? What is it? And how much does it cost?

I haven't heard anyone talk about this either. I don't see anything about it anywhere. Is there something new?

i believe it is the "premium" dining plan (where you get three full meals a day at almost any restaurant, sit-down or counter service)
from allearsnet.com:
Magic Your Way Premium Package

There is also a Magic Your Way Premium Package that offers everything in the basic package, as well as an expanded Disney Dining Plan -- breakfast, lunch and dinner per person per package night, at your choice of over 100 restaurants, including Disney dinner shows, character dining, and signature table-service restaurants. Also included is a variety of other exclusive features, such as tours, admission to Cirque du Soleil, and more.

I have never used the Disney Dining Plan (DDP), but I am looking forward to using it on our 2007 Disney trip.

I have tried to read any and everthing about the DDP. The main thing that I read from other posts is that each time you use a snack, counter service or table service it is deducted from your total. It will be on your receipt.

If that is the case, why would they asked " premium or regular" - when whatever you purchase will be deducted and the balance left will be on your receipt anyway. Because it is purchased ahead of time Disney via your card knows how many total you have purchased.

Or did I misread what people are posting about the DDP.

it seems that you are understanding the regular ddp perfectly... why ask for the distinction... because the amount of meals are "unlimited" on the premium plan... so there's no "deducting" just notating!

I dont know the exact cost but I think its about an extra 100/person per night and I forgot the cost for children.

Here is what you are paying for

With the Premium Package you get:

--Accommodations at a Disney Resort
--Magic Your Way Premium Admissions Ticket (Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More Options)
--Official Walt Disney Travel Company Luggage Tag (one per person)
--Disney Dining Plan -- breakfast, lunch and dinner per person per package night
--Unlimited use of selected recreation, including golf, guided fishing excursions, water sports, tennis and more
--Admission to Cirque du Soleil show, La Nouba
--Admission to Disney's Children's Activity Centers
--Unlimited Admission to Theme Park Tours

Everyone in the room must be on the same package and ticket options. All tickets must be used within 14 days of first use, unless the No Expiration Option is purchased.

I priced it for our trip, just thinking it might be nice to have breakfasts covered and as well as a few visits to the kids clubs - and it doubled our total cost for 8 days!! For 3 adults and 1 child at POFQ w/ premium dining and 8 day park hoppers, it was over $5000.

Well bummer, I was thinking you could choose regular or premium dining without having to have premium tickets or all the extra stuff.

10 years ago my husband and I did the full dining plan a few times at Disney.

We had a ball. We planned our entire vacation around where we were going to eat.

We have been to Disney ton's so riding rides was not our priority.

We rode horses at Fort Wilderness, went fishing in Bay Lake on a guided trip, went to all of the dinner shows. We rented water sprites everyday. We had a character breakfast every morning with Mickey and Minnie.

We have fond memories of our trips. Our trips now with kids are much different!

I think once our kids are grown we may do this again. With all meals table service you spend a lot of time seated....it's not the kind of thing you can maximize with kids.

Also, the cost about 10 years ago was significantly cheaper!!!!

The Premium Package is not a dining plan, it is a vacation plan that includes recreation, dinnershow tickets, La Nouba,etc.. in addition to three meals a day. If you are only interested in getting three meals a day and not interested in the extras (golf, fishing, guided tours, etc.), then get the regular dining plan and pay out of pocket for your extra TS meals.

Alas for my...er...our upcoming honeymoon :lovestruc we decided to go all in and get the MYW premium honeymoon package that has everything aterriq listed for 7 days and 6 nights and we upgraded to the deluxe AK savanna room (she wanted to stay at AKL and since she's never been I relented :p ). It did come out to be a bit pricey but it was easily rationalized for us in everything that we're getting and the fact we expected to pay more lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter