Rejected Offers Thread

I will try that. Did you skip any that just had an unrealistic listing price?
How many points are you looking for? I didn't have a limit for what the asking price was, but I definitely ignored the contracts that had a combo of higher price per point and longer listing time. IMO, anyone who's had a listing for months and is sitting on a higher price point is not serious about selling, just fishing and hoping to get a bite.

How many points are you looking for? I didn't have a limit for what the asking price was, but I definitely ignored the contracts that had a combo of higher price per point and longer listing time. IMO, anyone who's had a listing for months and is sitting on a higher price point is not serious about selling, just fishing and hoping to get a bite.
Between 160-200 but I could do 150 on the low end up to 220 on the high end for a great deal.

We currently have 180 points and plan to take 9-day trips. Looking at our combination of trips in 1 or 2 bedrooms the average point total is 360-365. We could book a 1-bedroom BLT lakeview for 340 points so as long as we have the 340 it works.

This is the way.
I only made 3 offers on 3 different loaded contracts and one was accepted same day, no counter. I would also recommend offering on loaded contracts that have been listed for around a month. It's likely these people haven't gotten any offers good offers yet and are willing to accept the first decent one that comes along.
This was our experience as well. The best priced contract we got was on a loaded BRV. We offered the day it hit the market, was listed at $100, we offered $90 & seller pays admin fee. No counter, accepted within the hour.

Between 160-200 but I could do 150 on the low end up to 220 on the high end for a great deal.

We currently have 180 points and plan to take 9-day trips. Looking at our combination of trips in 1 or 2 bedrooms the average point total is 360-365. We could book a 1-bedroom BLT lakeview for 340 points so as long as we have the 340 it works.
You should be aiming for $80 for anything close to 200 pts, and I think you'll get something fairly quickly. I also anticipate someone will break into the $70s for SSR in the next couple of months.

You should be aiming for $80 for anything close to 200 pts, and I think you'll get something fairly quickly. I also anticipate someone will break into the $70s for SSR in the next couple of months.
I have plenty of time to try. I do not need the points until January 2025 to book an August 2025 trip.

Do you know how it works if I get 2023 points that are booked into 2024. Can I use those points to switch with 2024 points I used for my August 2024 trip or the 2025 points I borrowed?

It's been done, there are a few sub $80 deals done in 2023 for sure but no one beats Jimmy Geppetto with $68 and a double loaded contract too...

I have plenty of time to try. I do not need the points until January 2025 to book an August 2025 trip.

Do you know how it works if I get 2023 points that are booked into 2024. Can I use those points to switch with 2024 points I used for my August 2024 trip or the 2025 points I borrowed?
Soemone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you buy a contract with 2023 points banked into 2024, they can't be used until your UY begins for 2024. So if your UY is August or earlier in 2024, then I believe you should be able to replace your 2024 points with the banked 2023 points. This part I'm less confident in, but I think if you borrowed from 2025, those points are now exclusively in 2024 and cannot be returned to 2025, so either way the 2023 points and the borrowed 2025 points have to be used in your 2024 UY.

Soemone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you buy a contract with 2023 points banked into 2024, they can't be used until your UY begins for 2024. So if your UY is August or earlier in 2024, then I believe you should be able to replace your 2024 points with the banked 2023 points. This part I'm less confident in, but I think if you borrowed from 2025, those points are now exclusively in 2024 and cannot be returned to 2025, so either way the 2023 points and the borrowed 2025 points have to be used in your 2024 UY.
That was what I thought also but never hurts if one of the experts confirm.

Curious about this as well. We added on this week at RIV and have a reservation in January 25 that was made with Aug 24 UY points. I banked our Aug 23 UY into 24 when we added on but it won’t let me swap the points. When I try to modify, there is a lock on my original contract which says that contract must be used first. What gives?

Curious about this as well. We added on this week at RIV and have a reservation in January 25 that was made with Aug 24 UY points. I banked our Aug 23 UY into 24 when we added on but it won’t let me swap the points. When I try to modify, there is a lock on my original contract which says that contract must be used first. What gives?
that warrants a phone call, I’d want the banked points used for sure, it’s not like you pulled 2025 points into 2024 UY.

that warrants a phone call, I’d want the banked points used for sure, it’s not like you pulled 2025 points into 2024 UY.
Thanks, I will call. First time doing this and was wondering if I was missing something or doing it wrong.

I believe the problem for you is that your Jan 2025 reservation was made with 11 month home resort priority. You cannot swap in non-home resort points for this reservation. If the reservation is made within 7 months then what you were trying to do should work.

I believe the problem for you is that your Jan 2025 reservation was made with 11 month home resort priority. You cannot swap in non-home resort points for this reservation. If the reservation is made within 7 months then what you were trying to do should work.
Both contracts are direct RIV and the reservation is at the RIV. Thanks for the idea though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter