• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reliefband: Has anyone used this at a park for nausea?

Tymeece

Memphis Mouse
I’m curious if anyone has used a Reliefband. Has anyone used this at a park for nausea?

Those type of remedies often work as well on land as at sea.

We bought one 3 months before our last trip, and it was so great for just the day to day that we bought 2 more before we left. 3 of the 5 of us suffer from migraines, and my migraines cause vertigo and panic attacks. I can’t say specifically for nausea related to motion sickness but they were fabulous for our migraines. My family was able to ride Guardians without any motion sickness or nausea.

We bought one 3 months before our last trip, and it was so great for just the day to day that we bought 2 more before we left. 3 of the 5 of us suffer from migraines, and my migraines cause vertigo and panic attacks. I can’t say specifically for nausea related to motion sickness but they were fabulous for our migraines. My family was able to ride Guardians without any motion sickness or nausea. I'm glad it worked for you and your family. I will be packing one for sure after reading your post

Just to be clear I am talking about Reliefband, not Seabands. Seabands didn’t do anything to help us.

I haven’t tried yet. They are praised by medical professionals and they are FDA cleared. They are somewhat pricey.

Is there a difference Seabands didn't work for me. That's the only one i tried.
Yes. The Reliefband only goes on one wrist and they are pricey. We got ours for about $120 each on Amazon. They have some sort of metal plate that sits on the inside of your wrist and there is some sort of vibration thing that happens. That signal is supposed to be what helps. Honestly, a lot of times I just wear mine for anxiety. When I start to get freaked out I just turn it up and it kind of distracts me to reset my thinking. But I don’t think that’s an “official” use for it. Just something that helps me.

I’m curious if anyone has used a Reliefband. Has anyone used this at a park for nausea?
Yes, and it is AMAZING!!! I bought mine for a trip to Universal, and I was able to ride most of the rides without issue. Even the rides that were “too much” for me (Simpsons, Forbidden Journey) I only felt slightly nauseas and “off”, and it lasted for just a bit afterwards. Prior to getting the Relief Band, Forbidden Journey did me in for the rest of the day. 🤢 I have not tried it at Disney yet, but I would expect that it would help!!! I also get air sick, and it has been great for me on the plane. I definitely recommend trying it, even though it is expensive.

It didn't work me...at all.

I had never been on Expedition Everest before so I'll never know if it was the Reliefband or if this would have been my reaction no matter what. I usually just feel nauseous on rides but I was full on DIZZY on this one. Had to sit on a curb, drink water and just breathe. Felt ill for hours. I'm not sure if I had a reaction to the Reliefband or again, maybe this would have happened on this ride no matter what. But for me, it was a total bust. Will never attempt EE again 🤮.

You can get your money back. Just be sure to save the packaging and keep your eye the calendar so you return in time. Good luck! Motion sickness is the pits.

I used a Relifband crossing the Drake passage in hurricane-force winds on the way to Antarctica. Worked like a charm. I'm a big fan.

I use a Relief band and Bonine and can do Guardians with no problem. It’s been a life saver for motion for me in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter