• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Relieved re: Impressions de France

I think they just updated the film recently when they announced the change and new film for B&B.
I enjoy B&B and I try to understand this decision but if you researched the history of Impressions de France and realized it won many awards for the documentary and the music.!
I can’t understand …the whole point of visiting the different Pavillions in Epcot should still honor the educational dream to travel .
But families today are very different . It hurts my heart when people do not want to stay to experience Impressions de France. I truly enjoy this film.

I also love to watch the Tour de France every year to see if I recognize any parts of the countryside during the Tour.
Wkipedia documents every location and the music in the film if you are interested in researching and dream of going to France.

Last edited:
I know the France film was old, but we were so disappointed to see what’s replaced it: an animated Beauty and the Beast sing-along. Ugh.

I was hoping they would have updated it with a new film. We loved the scenery and the music.

But I guess the transformation of EPCOT from something educational and cultural to all things cartoony marches on.

So disappointed.
Screenshot_20220507-191916.png

Relieved to see that the Beauty and the Beast sing-along replaced Impressions de France only until evening.

Went today and were so disappointed to be greeted by the sing-along.

Whew!
Didn't realize Impressions de France was shown in the evenings. We skipped France during our visit thinking it was B&B sing-along. Thanks for the info!

We missed Impressions on a recent trip and I was disappointed as it is one of my favorites. We’re making it a priority for our July/August trip. An extra bonus will be stopping for one of those ice cream martinis at L’Artisan Des Glaces afterwards. 😊

We tried the sing along when we were at Disney a few weeks ago. It's just DH and me and we've always loved Impressions de France and so we were skeptical of this offering. We were surprised by two things. First, there were very few people during the sing along when we went. I thought we would see tons of families and that just wasn't the case. Second, we actually enjoyed it. That said, we went out of our way to see Impressions de France twice when we were there. Our problem with the new schedule is twofold. First, there is too little time to accommodate viewing and nothing that is convenient if you want to go earlier in the day or before hopping elsewhere. Second, this may be considered to be more of an attraction for adults and yet it can only be viewed during prime dining for adults. Disney ought to consider either alternating the shows throughout the day or doing the switch by 3 or 4pm. Not all Disney visitors come with kids or want only thrill rides. We shouldn't be forgotten.

We tried the sing along when we were at Disney a few weeks ago. It's just DH and me and we've always loved Impressions de France and so we were skeptical of this offering. We were surprised by two things. First, there were very few people during the sing along when we went. I thought we would see tons of families and that just wasn't the case. Second, we actually enjoyed it. That said, we went out of our way to see Impressions de France twice when we were there. Our problem with the new schedule is twofold. First, there is too little time to accommodate viewing and nothing that is convenient if you want to go earlier in the day or before hopping elsewhere. Second, this may be considered to be more of an attraction for adults and yet it can only be viewed during prime dining for adults. Disney ought to consider either alternating the shows throughout the day or doing the switch by 3 or 4pm. Not all Disney visitors come with kids or want only thrill rides. We shouldn't be forgotten.
I fully agree! The lack of attendance by families during the day should be telling Disney something. Let's hope they listen!

I think they just updated the film recently when they announced the change and new film for B&B.
Is it any better then the previous one?
While the kids enjoyed it, as an adult, it wasn't good.
Really miss being able to see Impressions de France during the day as an escape from the heat. But seeing it at night is better than not seeing it at all.

It seems the phasing out of Impressions de France continues. Last night, I was looking to attend shortly before 7:30pm, but the sign above the theatre entrance was still announcing B&B sing a long.

A cast member at the theatre entrance told me that Impressions the France now starts only at 8:30pm, with an additional presentation at 9pm (as long as Epcot closes at 9:30pm, I imagine). He told me the change happened four days before, so on (or around) Monday Dec 12.

Dommage. Très dommage.

I wanted to see it in September but the cast member didn’t seem to know what I was asking about when trying to find out when I could see this instead of the sing along - I hope to see it in January!

I just realized they changed the schedule on the last night of Josh Gads performance at the Candlelight Ceremony.

I kept noticing families showing up for the wrong film and leaving when they realized they missed the last show of B&B .

I wish they would sell a professional quality dvd in the gift shop to commemorate Impressions de France.

Last edited:
We were lucky enough to catch Impressions a week after Thanksgiving, 7:45. And looking at the forecast for Christmas weekend, lucky to have 80 degree weather our entire trip.

Relieved to see that the Beauty and the Beast sing-along replaced Impressions de France only until evening.

Went today and were so disappointed to be greeted by the sing-along.

Whew!
There are various versions and lengths of Impressions de France on Utube if you would like a fix.

When we were there in October, B&B continued to run until 8 or 8:30 ( with park closing at 10) depending on the night. Nearly impossible to watch Impressions. while I could (and have) watch impressions many times, B&B was a one and done for us.

When we were there in October, B&B continued to run until 8 or 8:30 ( with park closing at 10) depending on the night. Nearly impossible to watch Impressions. while I could (and have) watch impressions many times, B&B was a one and done for us.
B&B was a once only for us too. I’m going to email Guest Satisfaction and let the know I want them to Save Impressions de France!

We were lucky enough to catch Impressions a week after Thanksgiving, 7:45. And looking at the forecast for Christmas weekend, lucky to have 80 degree weather our entire trip.
You might want to re-check the forecast.
I don’t think you’re going to hit 80.

Attachments

• DD69234C-E73E-4FA7-8000-A639DDA07DC6.png
    DD69234C-E73E-4FA7-8000-A639DDA07DC6.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 2
Just read, they were worrying about possibly hitting freezing temps.
Many years ago, we were in Florida over Christmas with snow there. We went down there to get away from the snow.

I think that poster meant they had 80s during their recently completed trip and are glad they won’t be there for Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter