• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remember Dean and Cindy from the Holiday Inn?

DisneyJules

Magic is all around us!
I had to ask this for the heck of it. When I was a little girl we always stayed at a Holiday Inn (can't remember which one) while vacationing in WDW. In the Holiday Inn there was a little pizzaria with a performer named Dean and his monkey Cindy (who was a puppet) You would fill out a form and place it on the stage, within minutes Dean had written a song about all the information you had given. It was quite impressive. I think we still have a song on tape that he wrote entitled "Monique's pink socks", my stepmom happened to be wearing pink socks that day, hey, it was 1992! ;) Anyone else remember Dean and Cindy or which Holiday Inn they played at?

OH YES, OH YES!!! I remember soooo well!! We have a "Matthew Jones" cassette tape (my DS Matt, 5-1/2yo back then, decked out in Indy fashion, prompted the song by Dean) and, pics & an autograph, as well! This wonderful little show was the highlight on our trip in 1993! It was the Holiday Inn Maingate East, as I remember!

We have often wondered what happened to Dean (and Cindy) ;)!

Glad you asked! :)

Wow, someone who actually knows who he is! I have an autographed picture aswell from the 80's and they signed my autograh book as well. They were there when we went in 1992. In 1996 (the last time I was in WDW) we had gone there to see Dean and Cindy and to much disappointment they had redone that area of the hotel and none of the workers had any idea as to whom we were talking about. There was a clown there as well named Zucchini the clown, you had to spin a wheel, which normally resulted in free ice cream from the ice cream parlour.
Good times! :D

Last edited:
Whoa just noticed this old post and I'm not even on the DIS much anymore. Thanks for the link :)

WOW! I think this wins the award for oldest zombie thread!! 11 years after last post!

Zucchini wasn't Dean tho. Still wonder what happened to Dean :confused3

I remember getting a tape from him with two songs when I was 10 in January 1990.. I know my folks bought a monkey puppet as well. Good clean family entertainment, talented guy who can put together a song in minutes after getting some information from you..

I remember getting a tape from him with two songs when I was 10 in January 1990.. I know my folks bought a monkey puppet as well. Good clean family entertainment, talented guy who can put together a song in minutes after getting some information from you..
Welcome to the dis, 123

:welcome:

What’s so weird is that I’m not on the dis that often and this is the second time that low and behold I’m just browsing the threads and notice someone replied to my very old post. Glad you remember him. He was so very entertaining! I have great memories from childhood of that Holiday Inn and all the fun things we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter