Remember...Dreams Come True Fireworks ***Spoilers***

PryncessChrysty

Merrily on our way to nowhere in particular
If you have yet to see the new fireworks show, I would strongly suggest leaving this thread!! The details of the show were a surprise to me, and I think it made the show so much better having no idea of what to expect.

For those that have seen the show, please scroll down.... :earsgirl:

When you saw the show, were you not completely blown away?? I had heard that they were incredible, and the best of any park to date, but I was still not prepared for what Disney had in store. I had no idea they were going to take you into each ride the way they did. And Tinkerbell, oh my gosh, she was just beautiful. I loved how the fireworks went in sync with her wand, as well. But the icing on the cake for me was when they played the audio of Walt, it was so touching. (Of course, I was bawling :rolleyes: )

Other than Walt & Tink, I think my favorite part was when they took us through the Haunted Mansion, that was so fun! Although it's VERY hard to choose a favorite because the whole thing is completely mesmerizing. Especially when the train comes around, it sounds like you're IN the station! And the smokey mist when you're in Pirates of the Caribbean!! Can you tell I just recently saw the show? LOL

What did you all think of it? What were your favorite parts? :goodvibes

Well, I absolutely ADORE "Wishes" at Walt Disney World so it was fantastic to have parts of that track included at Disney.

I really don't like Tinkerbell, especially after a week at Disneyland, my gosh she was EVERYWHERE so I could have done without her. She was actually not working two of the nights I watched the show.

Every time the train part came on I had to look up towards the train station just to see if one was moving around, it got me everytime! (especially since one of the nights I was watching from the balcondy AT the train station).

Julie Andrews was the perfect choice for to be ambassador so I appreciated hearing her voice each night.

The Haunted Mansion dialogue was wonderful. My husband had never been to Disneyland prior to this trip and we arrived late one night so one of the first things we did was see this show -- probably gave away too many spoilers for him but I'm not sure he even noticed!

I tried looking around for the complete soundtrack of the show but didn't find one, do you know if it exists?

It is on the big CD box set they recently put out. They had the music on constant loop at WoD last I was there.

I love the show - It's great hearing some of Paul Frees from Adventures thru Inner Space, audio from the Sub ride, the cannon battle between the Matterhorn & the Castle, the laser beams during Star Tours, the Eye of Mara firework during the Indy section - and of course, Walt's "To all who come to this place . . . Welcome" speech.

My wife can attest to the fact that I can not - at ANYtime - hear this piece of audio and not get misty eyed and a lump in my throat.

Unfortunately, Tink was not flying when I saw the fireworks the 1st time from the hub and the 2nd time we had to leave and only saw the fireworks from the parking structure. Hopefully we will be able to get a good view this Saturday night and Tink will be "fully operational". :earboy2:

You don't really line up. If you want a spot in the hub in the ideal between the hub and the castle spot, get there very early--I've heard of it filling up by mid afternoon, but I'm sure that's rare. I think getting there before the second parade starts will usually be fine (I know--still pretty early). I think it's the best place to watch them for your first time.

As to what my favorite part is--I have too many to list. It's pretty much the whole show.

The full soundtrack is on the 2-CD 50th celebration soundtrack!

It's great - I listen to it in my car and imagine the fireworks in my head....

It is amazing!!!! Too much to pick a favorite but walt and "mary poppins" brought tears to my eyes.

My daughter, who is afraid of the noise, has watched it almost every night on the dvd (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=829117). She loves it and is not a fireworks fan at all - even without the noise.

I can't wait to see it again at the park.

Stunning. Absolutely stunning!

We've seen most of the shows on both coasts, and this one was far and away the most amazing one we've ever seen.

BTW---I tear-up at the Walt audio every time I hear it. I'm glad they are using it for the fireworks, and the 50 years show, too.

All Disney fans have 18 months to see this show, and it is worth the price of admission, airfare, rental car, and hotel to come from ANYWHERE to see it!

Neither of my sons like percussive shells...and the local fireworks displays are BIG on percussives. The Dream's fireworks focused so much on the music and sounds of Disneyland that, for the most part, there were no unneeded "bangs".

There was no one favorite...and to be honest, if I'd known how great the show was from the front, I probably would have splurged on a 5 day ticket instead of a 4 day so we could see the show twice. Good thing I didn't know...I think my kids would have been major grumps if I did!

Since our trip to WDW in '99 my older son and I had been saving coins in a piggy bank (well, a penguin, but...). It was all "found" money and coins from the bottom of my purse. He ended up having over $50 to spend. His big buy? The 50th Anniversary Soundtrack! I didn't expect that from a 9 year old. What a cool buy!

Even though I read (here) how incredible it was...I could not believe how incredible until I saw it.

We lucked out and had grammie insist on us moving closer for a spot that evening so we staked out a spot in the hub after the parade...was a fantastic experience from the center hub...absolutely unbelievable!

I had my best view of the show Saturday night. In fact, the first time I was ever at the front of the hub - directly in the center. Everyone actually SAT through the entire show so it was wonderful not having a Sasquatch block my view or having Tiny Tim hoisted up onto Bob Cratchett's shoulders as the show begins. Even my DW (who is decidedly UN-tall) was able to see everything.

The show is just the most entertaining Disneyland fireworks show ever, although it doesn't have quite the strong emotional heart tug at the finale that "Believe" had. I think Believe had a better musical grand finale - with it's false ending and then the massive bombardment as the music swells one final time.

But that's comparing apples and oranges and they are both just great.

We just got back Saturday...stayed at the Residence Inn on Clementine...I could set on the couch in my room and watch the fireworks...watched them 7 nights in a row...two in the park with the musical accompliment...It was Fantastic....However...for those who said that standing on the train station to watch was great...we did not think so...could not see the castle for the trees or the matterhorn for the buildings...we stood in Mainstreet both times...was great...the second time...came over Friday from the Electrical parade at CA...ran to Disney and made it to Main street with 5 minutes to spare...lol..I also have the two CD set right here in my hand...and it has the full fireworks program...cost = $24.99

tawasdave said:
We just got back Saturday...stayed at the Residence Inn on Clementine...I could set on the couch in my room and watch the fireworks...watched them 7 nights in a row...two in the park with the musical accompliment...It was Fantastic....However...for those who said that standing on the train station to watch was great...we did not think so...could not see the castle for the trees or the matterhorn for the buildings...we stood in Mainstreet both times...was great...the second time...came over Friday from the Electrical parade at CA...ran to Disney and made it to Main street with 5 minutes to spare...lol..I also have the two CD set right here in my hand...and it has the full fireworks program...cost = $24.99
Was the cd set $24.99 in the park? Everywhere on line it is $40 or more. I'd really like to get it, but don't really want to spend $40+ on it. TIA :earsgirl:

I found a spot, near the main entrance, but with a direct view of the front of the castle. I don't do well when crushed between bunches of people without a quick way out, so I stayed near the entrance/exit.

I sat myself on the back side (the side closest to the exit), centered, on the circle of grass that the parades go around.
This allowed for space between me, and those gathered in the front of the same circle.
My favorite viewing spot (the train station platform), that used to be on a first come first serve basis, is now roped off for those buying the special tours.
Some people were sitting on the stairs, but I was afraid if I did this, that a CM would make me move.
(It is really depressing to scope out a perfect spot, sit there for 20 minutes or more, and then get told to move before the show starts).

My 12 year old cousin asked me what was so special about this show, that I felt I needed to find a spot almost 40 minutes before the show started.
Halfway through the show I asked her if she now could see what was so special.
She replied "Yes, thank you for insisting we had a good view".

Maybe, next trip, I will have the courage to trap myself in the massive crowds forming in the hub, in front of the castle. I remember doing something like this a few years ago, and using the monorail to escape after the show.
If I stay in a Disney owned hotel, so I can get in the "special faster" monorail line, I am more likely to do this.

I just had to post and add my 2 cents. The show was without a doubt MY FAV PART OF THE TRIP! I had NO IDEA what an awesome show it was supposed to be and I'm just glad I saw it the first night we were there. We saw it twice, despite the crowds, and got annual passes (even though we live in No. Cal.) so that we can go back and see it again as many times as we can.

My favorite part? I don't know if I can name just one? I really thought that in general the choreography of music, color, visual effects, sound effects, and fire works was my favorite part.

Yes, the Haunted Mansion was up there high on my list :)

The crowds amazed me. Not that I thought I would be the only one that enjoyed it but wow that sea of people every night around the hub is incredible!! Met some awesome people as well!!

DD 4 is not crazy about loud noises but the second time she saw it she said to me, "I didn't even cover my ears!" It's just so spectacular that everyone gets caught up in the magic :)

I loved the haunted house segment, I got the biggest laugh from the ducks in the shooting gallery. The whole show was just incredible.

I was right in front of the castle both times and I don't know what you're talking about when you say tigger? What did I miss (I'm sure more than I know). Glad I'll be going back in 2 months :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter