Remember my little rant about...

RhondaS

DIS Veteran
Remember my little rant a while back about how I am getting my Universal Passholder newsletters later than the dates for the events they are advertising?

No?

Well, whatever then, but I'm going to rant a little bit more about it. :p

I just returned from my front porch where I tend to promptly remove my mail shortly after the mailperson deposits it into it's proper receptacle (i.e. the mailbox).

Guess what's inside? Don't want to guess, okay, I'll tell you anyway. :)

It's a lovely postcard from Universal Orlando - Passholder Program. Now, keep in mind, today is Wednesday, March 27th, right?

Here's the event information, word for word.

Exclusive Passholder Event
Saturday, March 23
9:00 am - 11:00 am

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
20th Anniversary Celebration

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial returns to theatres March 22nd. To mark this special occasion, Saturday, March 23rd you're invited to enjoy exclusive admittance to the newly refurbished E.T. Adventure attraction, teaturing special new 20th Anniversary graphics and a new pre-show video hosted by Steven Spielberg.

You'll receive:

Commemorative 20th Anniversary E.T. Adventure passport
Free E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial mini movie poster
20% off new E.T. merchandise in E.T.'s Toy Closet

Limited Edition Collector Pins

Plus, we're introducing six new E.T. 20th Anniversary commemorative collector pins. A different pin will be released each month from March through Agust, 2002. As an annual passholder, you'll receive 10% off the price of each pin. Plus, with our pin purchase you'll be able to purchase a pin-collecting lanyard for 50% off the regular price.

Universal Orlando

:( I guess they didn't want me to jump on a plane and head to Florida for the blessed event, or they would have made an attempt to get this information to us passholders ahead of time.

What I really would like to know is WHY they even bother to waste the money on postage, paper, ink, etc? :confused:

Ok, I'm done, little rant over. :D

I would like to add that I did think the revamped E.T. attraction looked fabulous when we were there earlier this month. :)

Rhonda: If you checked the postmark it was sent out in late February...

It's just that when the horse and buggy Pony Express of Texas reaches Garland out there in the boondocks, the show's OVER!!

::robin RUNS and ducks the newsletter aimed at her head::..
<marquee>
mdrmed.gif
smash.gif
</marquee>

Maybe Rhonda will benefit from the next postage stamp increase and they will buy a new horse.

I feel your pain Rhonda. Received mine Tuesday.

Originally posted by Earl
Maybe Rhonda will benefit from the next postage stamp increase and they will buy a new horse.
We're hoping for a new sled dog.

I thought my post cards were late, mine came March 22.

Patty

Originally posted by Molokai Gram
:( I guess they are still paddling mine out by canoe. :smooth:

Yours is on the airplane with your suitcase.:p

and we're in the Washington D.C. suburbs. No boats/prop planes/horses required for mail delivery...

Elaine

Originally posted by locoexw
and we're in the Washington D.C. suburbs. No boats/prop planes/horses required for mail delivery...

Elaine

Perhaps, Elaine, yours had trouble getting through the red tape??? :D :D :D

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter