Remember Ravi Shankar?

C

charlie,nj

Thank goodness Norah doesn’t take after him…in the looks department.;)

RaviBioPortrait.jpg

www.ravishankar.org

Apparently, Caity, neither did she until about a year ago (or so I heard today).

Steve and cc,

What's really cool for Ravi is that both of his daughters were up for grammy’s.

His other daughter is Anoushka Shankar..(another hotty) a sitar player. (I don’t know if Anoushka won)

Here is her web site it has pictures of Norah and her together. I think I heard on the radio that Ravi didn’t have contact with Norah from ages 5 to 18.

http://www.anoushkashankar.com/

I saw Ravi Shankar years ago in concert in Chicago. We went because he was George Harrison's sitar player.:D

Sorry... I just read WillyJ's grammy thread and I see that Ravi was already mentioned. (I thought I had a exciting news flash)

I have a number of his vinyls from the 60's, Charlie, I really enjoyed his music back then, soothing in a strange way.

I have NO IDEA who he is,

He's a sitar player who first brought that type of music into popularity. He had a tremendous influence on George Harrison and, in turn, the Beatles and then other musicians of the 60's.

I had no idea he was Norah Jones' father until it was the trivia question on Regis. From what I gather, she was raised by her mother who also was involved in the 60's music scene. I think she was a concert promoter. Sort of debunks the whole "came from nothing and no where" aspect of Norah Jones. Of course, she does have the talent to back up whatever breaks she may have been given.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter