Remember that Universal $99 ticket deal from 2008?

Derby4me

Mouseketeer
Well, my Husband and I took Pete’s advice and purchased two adult tickets to Universal Studios with the promise that the $99, 7 consecutive days would be well worth the money. He was right! 10 years and two kids later, we’re ready to take out Harry Potter loving babies to see the sights.

Here’s my question. What exactly did I buy? The ticket says, “7-Day 2-Park Adult CoBrand”. Does this mean that we can visit both parks in one day? A ride on the Hogwarts Express is a MUST do. Trying to determine if our tickets will cover this.

THANK YOU in advance for any advise or guidance!

today two adult 5 day park to park tix would cost total of $670 (online price)...to get more than 5 days now you need to buy APs.

I had the same tickets purchased in 2010 and converted them to 3 annual passes for myself and 2 adult kids. I've been an APH since as I always go at least once per year and it's cheaper to renew.

It probably wouldn't cost extra to convert yours ...I would go for it.

I had the same tickets purchased in 2010 and converted them to 3 annual passes for myself and 2 adult kids. I've been an APH since as I always go at least once per year and it's cheaper to renew.

It probably wouldn't cost extra to convert yours ...I would go for it.

I didn’t realize that was an option. From what I read, I understood that universal gave you credit for the amount you paid when purchasing tickets. We would probably make the upgrade for a minimal cost, but not if we only received $99 credit. That would just be silly.

You use your tickets to enter the parks then go to guest services inside the park and they will convert to present day value which might get you at least a power pass.

I'm not sure if your tickets will scan so you may not be able to do it but I would give it a shot.

I didn’t realize that was an option. From what I read, I understood that universal gave you credit for the amount you paid when purchasing tickets. We would probably make the upgrade for a minimal cost, but not if we only received $99 credit. That would just be silly.

No, Universal generally gives you gate value for your tickets unless it is a freebie promo of some sort like their buy 2 days get 2 free. Then they will only give you value for 2 days when you upgrade to an AP.

I bought three of those "non-expiring" $99 tickets back in the day. We used one of them for my daughter two years ago. We exchanged it at the hotel(Portofino) ticket area. It raised a few eyebrows with the staff, but they gladly accepted it. I still have two somewhere.

I bought 6 of these, using Will Call. In about 2012, I used 2, but the machine spit out all 6. I had a hassle using Will Call, I think the CC number had changed and they had to look it up somehow. i was so happy they finally got me the tickets.

Then I lost the other 4. They have been missing so long I have given up. Sigh. I assume I tucked them in luggage I threw out years ago.

I bought 6 of these, using Will Call. In about 2012, I used 2, but the machine spit out all 6. I had a hassle using Will Call, I think the CC number had changed and they had to look it up somehow. i was so happy they finally got me the tickets.

Then I lost the other 4. They have been missing so long I have given up. Sigh. I assume I tucked them in luggage I threw out years ago.
Guest Services may be able to look it up since it was a will call pick up. If they find the order they can reprint he unused tickets.

No, Universal generally gives you gate value for your tickets unless it is a freebie promo of some sort like their buy 2 days get 2 free. Then they will only give you value for 2 days when you upgrade to an AP.

We were at guest services this week regarding these tickets ($99 for 2 park 7 day) and universal would not give the gate price of the tickets towards an annual pass but only the $99 original price. Went to two different guest services to see if the answer might be different because it sounds like these are handled inconsistently. Frustrating since it sounds like others have had different experiences.

I assume there are not any other options?

We were at guest services this week regarding these tickets ($99 for 2 park 7 day) and universal would not give the gate price of the tickets towards an annual pass but only the $99 original price. Went to two different guest services to see if the answer might be different because it sounds like these are handled inconsistently. Frustrating since it sounds like others have had different experiences.

I assume there are not any other options?

I can see their point. That is a huge discount. Generally (with more recent tickets where there is an equivalent) they will give you current price for your tickets.

I can see their point. That is a huge discount. Generally (with more recent tickets where there is an equivalent) they will give you current price for your tickets.

Yes, I can see their point as well. It is just frustrating that it doesn't appear consistent based on other experiences on the boards.

Ah, I remember buying and using one of those $99 tickets. I should have bought at least 2 more, but didn't realize at the time how much price inflation was coming.

I bought those too, but used them in 2009. There can't be many of them in circulation. universal ought to honor them.

I bought those too, but used them in 2009. There can't be many of them in circulation. universal ought to honor them.
Someone posted in a previous thread they were only allowed the face value of the older 2009 multiday pass

Those older tickets are no longer in the system and will not scan at the gate

We bought a few sets of 3 day non expiring tickets way back when for about $119 each - got about 6 years of trips. Boy - if I only knew I would have bought more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter