Remembering our Loved Ones Dec. 21

safetymom

dis veteran
The last several years I have done this here. I know the holidays are hard for many of us missing our loved ones.

On Dec. 21 we would all light a candle or candles to remember the loved ones that are no longer with us. It brings comfort to know that others are remembering them to.

So please provide me with the name of the person you would like us all to remember. I will put the names in the second post. If you would like to provide a memory please do so in this thread.

This is a poem I received from a grief group I was part of years ago when my husband died. I say this when we light the candles at our house.

Memorial Candles

As we light these four candles in honor of you,

we light one for our grief,

one for our courage,

one for our memories,

and one for our love.

This candle represents our grief. The pain of losing you is intense. It reminds us of the depth of our love for you.

This candle represents our courage-- to confront our sorrow-- to comfort each other, to change our lives.

This light is in your memory-- the times we laughed, the times we cried, the times we were angry with each other, the silly things you did, the caring and joy you gave us.

This light is the light of love. As we enter this holiday season, day by day we cherish the special place in our hearts that will always be reserved for you. We thank you for the gift your living brought to each of us.

We love you

safetymom- My parents and my late husband. You are missed.

mommasita- 26 years ago, Dec 14th to be exact, I lost my beloved grandmother. She was the only family I had aside from my parents and sister.

She will always be my hero, ALWAYS!

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her, or something she might have said. When I look at my children who are now 14 and 11, I can't help but think what FUN she would have had, and how much she would have loved them.

tlionheart78- Doing a two for one on this. First, as this was the most recent, my grandmother who was blessed with a long full life. The second goes to my mother. She had endured diabetes, hip replacement surgery for both hips, and numerous illnesses in her life. She left us a little over two years ago when she succumbed to liver failure. They, along with others, remain in our memories and close to our hearts.

26 years ago, Dec 14th to be exact, I lost my beloved grandmother. She was the only family I had aside from my parents and sister.

She will always be my hero, ALWAYS!

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her, or something she might have said. When I look at my children who are now 14 and 11, I can't help but think what FUN she would have had, and how much she would have loved them.
:littleangel:

Doing a two for one on this. First, as this was the most recent, my grandmother who was blessed with a long full life. The second goes to my mother. She had endured diabetes, hip replacement surgery for both hips, and numerous illnesses in her life. She left us a little over two years ago when she succumbed to liver failure. They, along with others, remain in our memories and close to our hearts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter