Remembering Sylvia

Dan Murphy

We are family.
For the past 14 years, I have posted a rather lengthy thread here on the community board, remembering Sylvia, a disboard member who passed away after a long fight against the beast, back on June 7, 2001. Most of those who knew her from back then have moved on, on their own accord, or otherwise. Most here today have no knowledge of this wonderful lady from so many years ago, nor of her son Nick.

Other than periodic updates about Nick and his grandma Margarete (Sylvia's mom), the lengthy read never really changed year to year. So rather than posting another sort of same thread, I just thought I would post this short thought, remembering this wonderful lady, Sylvia.

God speed, my friend, God speed. :hug:'s And continued good wishes for Nick.

Sylvia3_600X443.jpg

Thank you for posting this again. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Sylvia as I joined after her passing but I feel as if I do know her through you. I hope Nick is doing well.

I lost my SIL to the beast last year and thankfully my dad is winning his fight.

She was a wonderful and courageous lady.

I hope her son is doing well.

Thanks for posting this Dan.

Sincerely;

The Artist Formally Known As Willy J.

Sylvia was one of my first "friends" on the Dis. Thanks for posting Dan.

I wasn't part of this community 14 years ago.

But your annual tributes make me feel as though I knew Sylvia.

Thanks for that, Dan. She had-- and has-- a good friend in you.

I would love to hear how Nick is doing! Can you share that info?

I wasn't part of the DIS 14 years ago, but I remember her story.

I remember too. Hope Nick is doing well. Very nice of you Dan to post and remember her every year.

Thank you for keeping her memory alive here. She must've been pretty special. :rose:

I hope her son is doing ok.

I remember Sylvia and always read your annual tribute keeping her memory alive on the DISboards.

I hope Nick has been doing well.

I hope her son is doing well.

I would love to hear how Nick is doing! Can you share that info?

Hope Nick is doing well.

I hope her son is doing ok

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on Sylvia. And yes, she was a special lady. Hard to imagine it's been 15 years already.

For those who asked about Nick, Sylvia's mom Margarete shared these thoughts yesterday in an email with me about Nick........

....Nick had put a nice posting on Facebook...he misses his mom greatly, and probably always will.

It's so sad when a little child has to grow up without a mother and I don't think anything can ever make up for that.

He still struggles in life and does not seem to be able to "settle".

I am in touch with him almost daily and see him whenever possible, but no one can take the place of a mom (although I do try)....

Again, thanks for sharing your comments here.

Thanks for the update on Nick, Dan.

Sad to see he's had a rough time of it, but it's certainly understandable.

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear he is struggling, even some. It is so hard to lose those who should be there with us.

Hi Dan!
Just popped in here for the first time in years and see this. How sweet of you to post this memorial still. She was special to many of us and it was a real blow to the CB when she passed. Thank you for always remembering her. Miss you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter