• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remove name from multiple DVC deeds under same membership

tiggertwo2

Earning My Ears
I have 5 DVC deeds (for 5 different DVC resorts) under one membership number.
Currently there are 2 names on each deed. I want to remove one name and keep just mine on all 5 deeds.
I have existing DVC reservations using points from all 5 resorts on the membership.
Will doing this put the existing reservations at risk of being cancelled, rebooked, lost, etc. ?
DVC Member Services has indicated "NO" as long as the change is the same for all 5 deeds.
But I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with my scenario above and were there any problems doing it ?
I am most concerned with anything affecting the existing DVC reservations.
Thanks.

Currently there are 2 names on each deed. I want to remove one name and keep just mine on all 5 deeds.
I have existing DVC reservations using points from all 5 resorts on the membership.
Will doing this put the existing reservations at risk of being cancelled, rebooked, lost, etc. ?
DVC Member Services has indicated "NO" as long as the change is the same for all 5 deeds.
But I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with my scenario above and were there any problems doing it ?
Thanks.
I would image it should not change anything. People get divorced, die, trusts are created where deeds are changed. Like MS says it shouldn’t.

Thanks.
Can I please ask how you got the other name removed? I called MS and they said my ex only needed to sign a doc and email to them his intent to be removed from my DVC membership/contract (paid in full), but when he emailed that to DVC, I got an email / reply that I need to work with a title/deed lawyer? Did you have to do that on your contract? Any help would be appreciated!

Can I please ask how you got the other name removed? I called MS and they said my ex only needed to sign a doc and email to them his intent to be removed from my DVC membership/contract (paid in full), but when he emailed that to DVC, I got an email / reply that I need to work with a title/deed lawyer? Did you have to do that on your contract? Any help would be appreciated!
I would think at the very least he would have to file a quitclaim deed to remove himself from the deed, and in turn any association with the membership.

I would think at the very least he would have to file a quitclaim deed to remove himself from the deed, and in turn any association with the membership.
Thank you. Is that a relatively easy process and cost? By the looks of it, I will be the one having to initiate and pay for it. And do I file a quit claim deed in the state of FL where the DVC contract was purchased?

Last edited:
Thank you. Is that a relatively easy process and cost? By the looks of it, I will be the one having to initiate and pay for it.
It definitely needs to be an official title change with your ex having the documents notorized to prove it is really him giving up his ownership share.

Many have used a company like LT Transfer. https://www.lttransfers.com/ so they don’t have to try to do it on their own.

It definitely needs to be an official title change with your ex having the documents notorized to prove it is really him giving up his ownership share.

Many have used a company like LT Transfer. https://www.lttransfers.com/ so they don’t have to try to do it on their own.
I am not familiar with this process at all so any info helps! Thanks so so much! This is so helpful, thank you!

You can also update the deed by yourself. All old and new owners need to sign the documents. Membership status (direct or indirect) is not impacted by this, so member benefits will not change.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...xisting-contract-gratuitous-transfer.3701707/

Based on the number of "owners", old plus new, it costs $19.20 + $1 per name over 4 owners (total of old and new owners) per contract. Going from 2 owners to 4 owners is 6 total names (even if 2 are the same on old and new), so it would be $21.20. Going from 2 names to 1 name would be $19.20 per contract.

You can also update the deed by yourself. All old and new owners need to sign the documents. Membership status (direct or indirect) is not impacted by this, so member benefits will not change.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...xisting-contract-gratuitous-transfer.3701707/

Based on the number of "owners", old plus new, it costs $19.20 + $1 per name over 4 owners (total of old and new owners) per contract. Going from 2 owners to 4 owners is 6 total names (even if 2 are the same on old and new), so it would be $21.20. Going from 2 names to 1 name would be $19.20 per contract.
Thank you for directing me to that thread - AMAZING step by step guidance. Appreciate it so much!!!

I worked with a title company to remove the name.
DVC Member Services sent me the following information:

In order to add anyone to or remove anyone from the Membership as an Owner, you will need to work with a title company or an attorney to assist with creating and recording a new deed. Any fees charged will be based upon the company you choose to work with. There are no fees charged by Disney. Disney recommends working with the following companies:

For Florida and California Properties:
First American Title 866-237-3777 or via email at vo-customerservice@firstam.com<mailto:vo-customerservice@firstam.com>

For Aulani:
First American Title 808-539-7504

For Hilton Head Island:
Burr and Forman Law Offices 843-785-2171

Once the new deed(s) are recorded, they will send copies to us. We will then update our records accordingly.

Please note the following guidelines for transfers:
1. All mortgages must be paid in full in order for the transfer to be completed.
2. Annual dues can remain on AutoPay if the paying Member is remaining on the Membership.
3. If you own multiple contracts and are NOT updating all contracts to be titled the same, a separate Member ID number will be created for the updated contract(s).
4. Reservations will remain active provided they are not using points from multiple contracts.
5. New Members added to your contract(s) will receive the same benefits that you currently receive for the contracts to which they are added.

Hope this helps answer your question.

I worked with a title company to remove the name.
DVC Member Services sent me the following information:

In order to add anyone to or remove anyone from the Membership as an Owner, you will need to work with a title company or an attorney to assist with creating and recording a new deed. Any fees charged will be based upon the company you choose to work with. There are no fees charged by Disney. Disney recommends working with the following companies:

For Florida and California Properties:
First American Title 866-237-3777 or via email at vo-customerservice@firstam.com<mailto:vo-customerservice@firstam.com>

For Aulani:
First American Title 808-539-7504

For Hilton Head Island:
Burr and Forman Law Offices 843-785-2171

Once the new deed(s) are recorded, they will send copies to us. We will then update our records accordingly.

Please note the following guidelines for transfers:
1. All mortgages must be paid in full in order for the transfer to be completed.
2. Annual dues can remain on AutoPay if the paying Member is remaining on the Membership.
3. If you own multiple contracts and are NOT updating all contracts to be titled the same, a separate Member ID number will be created for the updated contract(s).
4. Reservations will remain active provided they are not using points from multiple contracts.
5. New Members added to your contract(s) will receive the same benefits that you currently receive for the contracts to which they are added.

Hope this helps answer your question.
Super helpful, now I can get this done! Thank you so so much!!!!

No.
Unless you're selling the contract, the title changes like that don't cause bookings to be canceled.

Super helpful, now I can get this done! Thank you so so much!!!!
The recommended agencies are a lot more expensive than doing it yourself or using LT Transfers. I used LT (we had to put me ON the deed, since I hadn't been, and then take my soon-to-be-ex OFF) and they were very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter