Remy and Extended Magic Hours

Did anyone do extended hours last night and if so how long was the wait for Remy?
Here's someone in the Here now and just back thread posting about it:

Ratatouille had standby line during Epcot extended hours last night!! We were able to walk right on a little after 11pm.

I know that it normally is not open during evening extended hours.

It may have been running because Frozen broke down, and we had to be walked off the ride.

We were there last night. Waited in line about 10 minutes just after 10.
Much better than Frozen, where we got trapped in line and they wouldn’t let us leave the door we came in -even though we were five feet from the door when they announced the ride was closed to technical difficulties. We had to stand in a non-moving line for 20 minutes to leave a broken ride - when we were literally five feet from the door we came in through. Super annoying and a waste of time during limited extended hours.

That’s rough about being stuck in the the Frozen line. What a waste of time during extended hours! We were on the ride, just past Elsa when they shut down.
We didn’t get much done, but we enjoyed what we did do! Ratatouille, Test Track, and mostly walking through a nearly empty Epcot.

That’s rough about being stuck in the the Frozen line. What a waste of time during extended hours! We were on the ride, just past Elsa when they shut down.
We didn’t get much done, but we enjoyed what we did do! Ratatouille, Test Track, and mostly walking through a nearly empty Epcot.
The extra hours in Epcot are really hard to work with based on how spread out everything is and the waits for the rides you do get on (even though they are minimal). We were there Thanksgiving week and had dinner over in Italy. Watched Harmonious from there and then started walking to Soarin' at the start of Deluxe Hours. From Soarin' we went to Test Track. By the time we finished TT, we had to run and were the last ones to get on Frozen before midnight closing. 2 extra hours, 3 rides (barely).

On a side note, that was our first time on Frozen and that (in addition to Na'vi) has to be one of the most overrated rides in all of WDW. I get young kids want to go on it, but mine (8/5) hated it. And they both love the Frozen movies. I'm glad we were able to walk (after our run over to it!) right on. I can't imagine standing in a line of any length for that, let alone the 90+ minute wait it routinely commands during busy times.

On a side note, that was our first time on Frozen and that (in addition to Na'vi) has to be one of the most overrated rides in all of WDW. I get young kids want to go on it, but mine (8/5) hated it. And they both love the Frozen movies. I'm glad we were able to walk (after our run over to it!) right on. I can't imagine standing in a line of any length for that, let alone the 90+ minute wait it routinely commands during busy times.
That's funny because my kids are adults, and none of us like the Frozen movie at all, but we love the ride LOL.

Feel like Frozen and Remy would be good for Epcot extended hours. Not too far apart and could probably get on one right after fireworks?

Hi.. I just jumped on... so extended hours are only for guests staying at a deluxe resort? And I assume on designated days , correct?

I just read that Remi is now open to those who qualify for evening extended hours. I wish they would allow it to be open for morning hours, but not so far.

I just read that Remi is now open to those who qualify for evening extended hours. I wish they would allow it to be open for morning hours, but not so far.
I don’t think they will because it is only 30 minutes and I can see the queue filling up. Then it would mess with the $ILL and the virtual queue. I wish though.

Feel like Frozen and Remy would be good for Epcot extended hours. Not too far apart and could probably get on one right after fireworks?
I mean I'm sure you could get on both with the 2hrs, but just as an FYI...they're most definitely not close to each other...they're pretty far.

So I’m picturing ds11 and I (and maybe dh but he’s not a rides guy) at Epcot for evening magic hours. I’m thinking I’ll want to ride Remy and ds will want to do Test Track (possibly multiple times) and hopefully Soarin. (Couldn’t care less about frozen) We’ll be at the Yacht club. Do we start at Remy or end at Remy? This is not our only Epcot day and we can be in the park well before 9.

I mean I'm sure you could get on both with the 2hrs, but just as an FYI...they're most definitely not close to each other...they're pretty far.
Not sure how I didn't realize they're on opposite ends of world showcase 😅 it seemed a lot closer for me in the park than it does looking at it on a map!

On November 29, it was extended hours. We watched Harmonious and, not being sure if Remy would be open, we headed over there and it was a walk-on (once you showed proof of resort you're staying at). We were too beat and a little cold to stay for the extended hours so it was a great end to our night and our last day in the parks for our trip.

Got back from Epcot extended hours an hour ago. Remy was not offered. Frozen broke down so we didn't get to ride. We got on test track and spaceship earth. Very disappointing Remy wasn't offered with the Frozen breakdown.

Got back from Epcot extended hours an hour ago. Remy was not offered. Frozen broke down so we didn't get to ride. We got on test track and spaceship earth. Very disappointing Remy wasn't offered with the Frozen breakdown.
Yes, that is disappointing especially since Remy was added to the ride list last week and is still there. Maybe that was having issues as well.

Got back from Epcot extended hours an hour ago. Remy was not offered.
Wait, what??!! Disney just added Remy to the list of offered rides. And the website still shows it as offered. Maybe it was down all night? Were you told by CMs that it wasn't offered? That is not cool at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter