• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remy on the Dream

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
We bit the bullet and are trying Remy for dinner. A few questions on wine. Is the wine pairing still $55, and you get a wine with each course? Are they French Wines? Can just one of the couple get it, or both of us have to? Also, what did you wear: Men and Women? Thank you! Almost time for our first cruise on the Dream
2764.png

I wear a tux and DW wears a gown - but we like to dress for dinner. Of note: I saw the maître d' handing a young man a pair of loaner dress shoes to replace his sneakers. Most men are in suits while the ladies are in dresses. As I said, a tux is not out of the ordinary, though.

The wine pairing (as of last December) was $55, and yes, DW only imbibed while I didn't.

Enjoy your cruise! We're on Dream 4/20 and, yes, I'm counting down the days

The wine pairing (as of last December) was $55

Wait, is this true? This is the first I’m hearing about a $55 price tag for the dinner wine pairing, and the official website lists it at a $105 charge per person.

I’m interested in this, as I’ll be sailing a 4-nighter on the Dream rather soon, and have Remy dinner scheduled for one of the nights.

I thought that the wine paring was $105, at least that's what it's listed at on the website (https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/remy-restaurant/). I'll have to look at my charges from the last cruise we took and see what we paid. Also they are not joking about enforcing the dress code. There was a gentleman that was having a heated argument with the maitre d about this and they didn't budge an inch, he ended up going back to his cabin to get one. When we go DW wears a nice dress and I usually wear a Tux.

I took a tux on my last cruise for Remy, but I was feeling a bit under the weather that night so I cancelled the reservation. Is it overkill for Disney? Yes and no but it's a special evening worth dressing the part for and I agree with dad of 3 that it's not out of the ordinary at all. I say if you own your own tux then bring it along. I don't think I'd rent one just for dinner so take your best dinner jacket. Women can wear evening gowns, pant suit or cocktail dresses.

The wine pairing is $105 per person and you get a pour with each course.

So, if you do the wine pairing, it is $95 dinner charge plus the $105? or does it just become $105? My husband and I will be celebrating 20 years in Aug and bit the bullet as well to dine at Remy. So glad you asked about the cost lovetotraveltx!

So, if you do the wine pairing, it is $95 dinner charge plus the $105? or does it just become $105? My husband and I will be celebrating 20 years in Aug and bit the bullet as well to dine at Remy. Also, would it be ok for him to just wear a nice suit and tie? What do most men wear? So glad you asked about the cost lovetotraveltx!
I believe it is $95 plus $105, making the dinner with wine pairing $200 per person in total, before gratuities. According to the rules, a nice suit and tie sounds acceptable:
  • Men: A jacket (such as a sports, suit or tuxedo jacket) is required, with dress pants/slacks and shoes. Ties are optional. Please no jeans, shorts, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

So, if you do the wine pairing, it is $95 dinner charge plus the $105? or does it just become $105? My husband and I will be celebrating 20 years in Aug and bit the bullet as well to dine at Remy. So glad you asked about the cost lovetotraveltx!
Congrats on the anniversary! As Californiaorangebird said- it will cost you $95 per person for dinner and an additional $105 per person for the wine pairing. Gratuity is also not included.

A suit or sports coat for the men and a nice dress/skirt or dress pants for women is all you need. Nice sandals are accepted just not beach ones or flip flops. I was afraid for my shoes because they were sandals really but nice ones. I was fine.

For ladies, watch the shoes and roll the dice. My 2nd dinner at Remy I wore a gorgeous Lilly Pulitzer dress with a nice strappy low wedge shoe (I cannot wear heels) that had a strap that also went between my toes. They sent me back for other shoes (that didn’t match what I was wearing & hurt my feet). Then I was told it was fine to slip the shoes off discreetly once I sat down which begs the question what’s the point? As I was leaving I spotted another woman walking out to the ladies room from the private wine room wearing palazzo pants, a fitted T-shirt, and flip-flop type sandals. I haven’t done Remy dinner since. The stress of will my nice clothes pass inspection just turns me off.

Ate there last week on the Dream, yes it's $95 for dinner plus $105 for the wine package for each person. Most of the wines were French and they we're a full glass, but with every course. I wore a dress, hubby wore slacks, shirt and blazer.

For ladies, watch the shoes and roll the dice. My 2nd dinner at Remy I wore a gorgeous Lilly Pulitzer dress with a nice strappy low wedge shoe (I cannot wear heels) that had a strap that also went between my toes. They sent me back for other shoes (that didn’t match what I was wearing & hurt my feet). Then I was told it was fine to slip the shoes off discreetly once I sat down which begs the question what’s the point? As I was leaving I spotted another woman walking out to the ladies room from the private wine room wearing palazzo pants, a fitted T-shirt, and flip-flop type sandals. I haven’t done Remy dinner since. The stress of will my nice clothes pass inspection just turns me off.

That's too bad about your shoes (which don't sound like they were against dress code!). We had a shoe faux pas on our last Remy trip as well. I had packed DH casual slip-ons (they weren't sneakers), but when we showed them to one of the concierge CM's, she said they would not pass muster at Remy. They ended up giving him a pair of dress shoes to borrow for dinner. I guess it was my mistake. When reading the dress code description it says "shoes" "no sandals, flip flops or tennis shoes" and the shoes I brought him were not in the "no" category. I always wear dress sandals to Remy and have never had a problem. Dinner was delicious, but, yeah, I'm not sure if it was worth the stress of fearing we would be turned away though we packed according to the dress code description on the website.

We did the wine pairing at Remy in October. It was the upcharge plus the $105 fee for wine. You both do not have to do the wine, but depending on what courses you choose, the wine pairings are different. There are 2 menus to choose from, and hubby and I each got a different menu and the corresponding wine pairing. So 2 upcharges and 2 wine pairing fees. We’d sample each other’s items and pairings and sometimes trade. :)

We also got an upgraded beef - some Japanese beef. It was amazing.

The meal was $600 or close to it with tip, but it was amazing. We also did the Remy brunch with the champagne pairing. At $250 total, that was amazing too!

Hubby wore a suit with a tie and jacket and dress shoes. I wore a dress, shawl, and pair of wedge sandals (dressier open toes sandals).

We did Remy for our 30th anniversary dinner. Amazing experience. My husband wore a black suit, colorful Disney tie, I wore a little black dress, black wedge sandal with an open toe. No dress code violations! We skipped the pairing and ordered a bottle of wine. Worked with the sommelier to insure it was in our price range. Cheaper than $105/pp pairing. We did opt for an additional glass with the Waygu beef course. But all in all, still cheaper than the pairing.

Thanks everyone. Is it the Waygu Beef that is extra that everyone is raving about? Is there a list somewhere of the extra food costs? It's about 10 little courses, correct?

I'd made some comment about liking bubbles when our server was preparing the champagne cocktail that's included and he said that I might like to do a champagne pairing instead of a wine pairing (DH did the wine pairing). I'd never thought you could do champagne pairing for a full dinner (did it for the brunch but that meal is a little simpler). I don't recall if the price was the same or a bit higher but I'd totally do it again if it's available. Loved it. We've both done the wine pairing before and we had different wines because I'd did the French menu (modified - no seafood) and he did the American.

Thanks everyone. Is it the Waygu Beef that is extra that everyone is raving about? Is there a list somewhere of the extra food costs? It's about 10 little courses, correct?

It's about 6-7. If you can make it that far. Because I'm allergic to seafood, last time they modified the menu for me and I had a lot of heavy proteins (chicken, lamb, veal, beef, pork) so I only made it through half of the last dish and a few mouthfuls of dessert.

We did Remy on the Fantasy in February and my husband wore dress slacks, a dress shirt, and sport coat. I wore a black knee-length dress and flats.

We brought our own wine, so I can't comment on the wine pairing price, but we have shared pairings at other high-end restaurants and it has not been an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter