Remy Passholder Preview

What happened to soft openings where some days they’d let guests know the ride will be up for a few hours? That’s how it worked for Expedition Everest.

I remember being an oblivious WDW guest back when we visited Super Bowl week 2006 with our baby boy. AK put a sign out front that it might be open that afternoon for guests to try, and a couple CMs mentioned it to us in the park that day. DH got to ride, pretty sure it was Super Bowl Sunday iirc. The park was very empty that day.

Soft opening dateJanuary 26, 2006[1]
Opening dateApril 7, 2006

I guess this kind of thing doesn’t happen anymore?

How early before the ride officially opens and how long did they do previews in the past?
When New Fantasyland was getting ready to open, CMs would stand at the entrance and offer to let people in. Sometimes they were there and sometimes they weren't, it was luck of the draw that you might be walking by.

For Pandora, they had several weekends (maybe just Saturdays? can't remember) for APs and DVC members. You had to secure a date and time online - it was a stressful mess! - and they had sessions 2 or 3 hours apart. You showed up for your appointed session and they let you in, and you could ride FoP and Navi River as much as you wanted, not to mention shop in the store.

It sounds like they're trying the opposite for this - instead of you trying to get a date and time online, they'll invite you to come.

There's no way we can go before Oct. 1, but if we receive something because we're "active passholders," whatever that means, I'll post it here (unless someone beats me to it, which is likely).

Watching :) Thanks for starting this!! I never get the emails either, hoping maybe this trip we'll get one.

You guys are the best! I knew there would be a thread on this. You never disappoint! 🥰

I am not a DVC or a Passholder, but I will be in Disney during those days. I wonder if someone is not going if they would allow someone else to use their reservation? We have reservations in the park the 21st and 23rd of September.....
I would love to be able to preview Remy while we are there! I have been riding the Skyliner for months to keep an eye on the progress!

Same question as a poster above - any chance they do random previews for regular guests week leading up to Labor day? Rode it Paris once, but loved it and would like to do it again!

I am not a DVC or a Passholder, but I will be in Disney during those days. I wonder if someone is not going if they would allow someone else to use their reservation? We have reservations in the park the 21st and 23rd of September.....
I would love to be able to preview Remy while we are there! I have been riding the Skyliner for months to keep an eye on the progress!

The last AP previews for Toy Story & GE the AP had to have a reservation & show ID to be let in. So no passing your spot to anyone else.

Same question as a poster above - any chance they do random previews for regular guests week leading up to Labor day? Rode it Paris once, but loved it and would like to do it again!

I doubt anybody knows if that will happen. I remember reading that Mine Train would randomly be open for guests to ride. Unannounced & very hit & miss. You would just be walking by & could get in line kind of thing. No way to know if this will happen with Remy, or when. The week before Labor Day might be a little early tho. But who knows.

For AP previews for SWGE no hotel reservation was needed, right? Was open to local pass holders? Or was on-site required?

Question, I know it says 'active pass holders', I have an AP that is not active yet but will be active on my first day back Sept 18. Is there a possibility I would qualify if a date happens while I'm there?

My wife and daughter were fortunate enough to participate in the DVC preview when Pandora opened. They loved it.
We won't be there for the preview this time, but look forward to all the reviews from those who are able.
Looking forward to riding it this fall.

Do they do anything special? Like special merchandise, commemorative pin?

Question, I know it says 'active pass holders', I have an AP that is not active yet but will be active on my first day back Sept 18. Is there a possibility I would qualify if a date happens while I'm there?
We only had AP vouchers when we registered for July reopening previews last year. No issues.

According to the email only the resort guests on your reservation can go, they will be checking that and your registration form .

Not sure, but for GE, my DH & I had active APs when reservations went live. My DS & DDIL had inactivated vouchers. They were linked with us in my MDE friends & family list. I was able to make AP reservations for all of us for the preview. They had to activate the vouchers before we went to the park obviously so they had active APs when we checked in for our time slot.

I think it might depend on if reservations are required. Probably have to see how things roll out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter