Remy's Ratatouille Adventure and Motion Sickness *SPOILERS*

Just wanted to let people know that the Remy ride includes real sets in addition to screen shots. Don't stress about it being screen based.

Just wanted to let people know that the Remy ride includes real sets in addition to screen shots. Don't stress about it being screen based.

Yes, but those are mostly just seen while you're transitioning between screens.

When we rode in Paris one of the screens had an issue with the 3D. One projector was frozen and the other worked normally, so if you closed one eye you had a still screen and if you closed the other you had moving video. That was disconcerting.

I did watch a ride through of the Paris version and I’m convinced OP was right. It would absolutely make me sick. And I could tell exactly which spin she was talking about. Nope, nope, nope.

Yes, this will be a pass for me as well!

On another topic, how is Remy compared to ROTR? Should I skip that also? I generally do not do well with screen rides. I got sick from FOP and Smuggler's Run. I'm fine on most outdoor coasters.

Ugh. I hate that almost every new ride is a roller coaster or motion ride. We don’t do either. So we’re out on Tron & Guardians. Mickey’s Railroad is fine, except for the one part with Daisy that has short jerky movements. Luckily that is short, so I can do it. I have no problem with Rise or MF. But Star Tours is a definite no. I can do Mission Space green but even then have to close my eyes near the end. I hoped to be able to do Remy, but now I’m not sure.
Star Tours made both of us sick. We had to look at the floor. We haven’t had any trouble with any other rides. I hope we can ride Remy, but now I’m worried.

I have also ridden the Remy ride in DLP and don't remember spinning. It was fast and jerked you in different directions because you are a rat that is trying to get away from humans etc. It is a lot of fun! I will say however, that my husband and daughter who have the motion sickness issues both felt sick afterwards. They were sick on the Simpsons ride as well as star tours.
Dramamine for those 2 for sure, they want to ride, but it ruins the rest of the day if they get sick. Good Luck!
Was it really hard jerking or rough like Dinosaur? Just wonder because I will have someone who had a head injury back in May. She is cleared to ride anything that’s not real rough when we go.

On another topic, how is Remy compared to ROTR? Should I skip that also? I generally do not do well with screen rides. I got sick from FOP and Smuggler's Run. I'm fine on most outdoor coasters.

For me, it is the motion more than the screen I think. Obviously I haven’t seen Remy yet, but ROTR is not a problem for me at all. And actually even SR is ok for me. I have never been a pilot tho. I’m afraid that might get me. I think having tasks to do close to me helps too. I do sort of “brace” myself to deal with the jerking motions. Roller coasters definitely make me ill.

As for screens, there is one small part in Mickey’s Philharmagic where Donald is flying thru the buildings in Aladdin’s scene that makes me a bit queasy. Easy enough to close my eyes for a second. I have never tried FOP. After looking at 1 ride video, I knew there is no way I could get thru it.

I'm pretty sensitive and I was fine on ROTR. There's one small part with screens but it's not long and I just looked down just in case.

I ended up in the first aid area after riding Everest triggered a major vertigo episode so I'm pretty careful what I ride now. Bummed to have to skip this but grateful to know because I would have ridden it and then ruined the day :/

You are correct. Not constantly spinning. As originally reported, my CM daughter said that there is one segment where the ride vehicle spins around and around. One segment. Prior to that, she was nauseous throughout the ride (likely due to the 3D glasses/trackless vehicle motion). When the spin happened, she became instantly ill. As mentioned earlier, I'm in a DCP/CM Parents group and reports of motion sickness on Remy are coming in thick and fast. I originally posted this thread simply as a warning to folks with serious motion sickness (like me) that might want a "heads up" before moving heaven and earth to get a ride on Remy.
I very much appreciate the warning. I try to avoid ride spoilers so I never would have watched a ride through or read a review on the ride because motion sickness for what I thought was a tame kiddie ride was not on my radar. Normally I don’t take my motion meds for EP (it will be a cold day in hell before I do Mission Space lol). I have an AP preview event for this next month so thank you for the heads up so I can plan to take my meds!

I'm usually okay with roller coasters, but any kind of 3D or screen-based ride gets me. Backward motion or spinning, forget it. ROTR and MMRR made me mildly ill... I recovered within the hour. Neither were anything like Everest which put me out of commission for most of the day. Star Tours, I did not even attempt.
Do you ride Soarin'?

I have two members with Vertigo. One was able to tell me she cannot do the Simpsons ride so that gave me a great base to work with. Knowing this helps me plan so no one ends up out of commission for the day due to one wrong ride.

Yes you have to be careful with vertigo. My mom suffers from it and spinning rides are a no no. (My mom can’t do teacups).

Do you ride Soarin'?

Not who you asked, but I can do Soarin no problem. It's the smaller screens like Remy and Star Tours, etc. that get me.

I wish Remy had been like Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway.

I handle ROTR much better than I just handled Remy. For me, a lot of it seems to be adding the 3-D part. I do fine on Soarin, but Star Tours doesn't go so well. Even the Turtle tunnel on Nemo gets me, I can't watch!

I handle ROTR much better than I just handled Remy. For me, a lot of it seems to be adding the 3-D part. I do fine on Soarin, but Star Tours doesn't go so well. Even the Turtle tunnel on Nemo gets me, I can't watch!
Can I ask if you had taken and motion sickness meds before you rode? Hoping those will help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter