Renewing AP (Sorcerer)

$969 (plus tax) is the cost of a new Sorcerer's Pass. Disney recently published that price even though it is not currently selling the pass as new. Though with a Google search I cannot find the current renewal price (applicable sites are still showing the old $764 renewal price), Sandisw's post above showing $824 (plus tax) is most likely correct if you are renewing the pass since the usual renewal discount is 15% less than the price as new. With applicable tax (6.5%), the total renewal cost will likely be about $878 and for a new one $1032 .

Seven years ago, a DVC member could get a renewal of the annual pass for $449 (plus tax) and a new one for $529 (plus tax). Thus, the price has increased about 83% in just 7 years. The DVC member discount for AP's began in late 2004 for passes that could first be used Jan 2, 2005 or after, and for a regular annual pass (having no holiday time exclusions), the cost to the DVC Member was $279 new and $264 for a renewal and thus the price has more than tripled since then (for a pass that now has holiday time exclusions).

Last edited:
And when you do renew make sure it is done properly. We renewed Sorcerer passes at 60-days before expiration. I did not do any immediate date checking after the transaction. About two months later, I did so and found that they had taken sixty days off my renewed pass, i.e., they renewed it for a year from the date I called to renew rather than the date the original pass was set to expire. Another phone call and some long conversations with two different people got it corrected.
I had something similar happen to me. I renewed my DVC Sorcerer AP in person while I was there for an October trip, and my AP expired in December. We had another trip in December that straddled some days with my previous AP and some with my renewal AP. Everything seemed fine, but after that December trip, I looked more closely at my AP expiration date, and now it was for October. I contacted Disney and got it straightened out. Everything was fine when we renewed my DW's AP, but we renewed hers on a different day & location because she didn't have her photo ID with her when I renewed mine.

I can’t decide what to do about the photo pass. I was just down for a 5 day trip and only about 25% of my ride photos came through to my MDE. Very frustrating. We did spend about a 1/2 hour one morning at the photo place at DHS and they were able to locate a couple of our photos after we gave them exact times and rides, but we had to go through dozens of photos with them before finding. Decided it wasn’t worth it after that. No idea why. None of the magic bands I was wearing were more than a year old.
For the three of us, I renewed for all and purchased photo pass for one member. I can see and download all the photopass for all my friends & family. One day I may fill up my Google Photos account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter