Renewing vows...any ideas??

prncssjas

Running, Disney, Aladdin...
WOW!! I love this board!!!! It's new I think...haven't seen it before!
Anyway...DH and I were at WDW for our honeymoon but plan on renewing our vows there in a small romantic ceremony....I am wondering if anyone has any ideas!!! This is place to find them I know! Our wedding was so stressful and large that I want this to be the exact opposite!!

Hello and welcome to our new board!

You may renew your vows through Fairy Tale Weddings or develop something a little more casual. There so many lovely spots--Sunset Point at the Polynesian, the garden gazebo at the Yacht Club, the main building Veranda at the Grand Floridian and more!

For lots of information, here are some links. The second link is Presentations of a Lifetime, an outside service, and they can put together something for you on WDW property, too.

Official Site

Presentations

Happy Planning!
:)

What a lovely idea! Perhaps you could have an intimate ceremony at Sunset Point at the Polynesian or at the Wilderness Lodge. They have such beautiful atmospheres. Also, the Board Walk would be a really fun place to have a ceremony, and the little gardens by the quiet pool would be beautiful.

prncssjas,

My DH and I are thinking of renewing our vows as well. I noticed you honeymooned in 9/00. I'm assuming you got married in 9/00 too. When were you thinking of renewing? DH were going to wait until our 10 year anniversary...but that's too long for me! LOL. I loved the wedding day and I keep saying how I want another wedding! We were married in June 2000, so we just passed our one year anniversary.

We are planning a vow renewal on our wedding date (6/25/??) hopefully at the Wedding Pavillion at the Grand Floridian. I want it to be VERY small, just me DH and any kids (if we have them by then). Are you planning on getting a dress, weaering your original wedding gown or just going simple, like a suit or something? Just curious as to what other vow renewal-ees do! Thanks!

Anne

Hey guys - jump on over to the Discussion groups for Solos/Adults and look for my question about the same stuff. Got a lot of good answers there.

Cheers,
Denis

Thanks everyone for the input and links....I will check them all out.

Hi Anne!!! Good questions that I will try to answer but it's complicated...DH and I had a wedding reception and huge celebration on August 26th of 2000. It was NOTHING like what we dreamed of and wanted to avoid having a "circus" wedding but of course, wanted to respect both of our parents' wishes. However, the HUGE wedding occured only after DH and I eloped! LOL! I know...so while we did honeymoon in Sept. of 2000, we actually got married in January of 1999 but used that time to plan the wedding that our parent's wanted. I KNOW! We eloped to escape the hustle and bustle--only to have to deal with it anyway! :)

But anyway... I actually wanted to renew our vows on the the anniversary of the first day that we met--July 18, 1998 and not our wedding day...ONLY because that day means a lot more to us than the huge event in August or the secret event in January. Does this make sense?? I feel like a weirdo!! :D

I don't know what I would wear...maybe a simple gown--I wore 7 layers of tulle and satin for the wedding and by the end of the night, DH was tired of navigating me around the room because of my dress!! LOL! What were you thinking of wearing??

I want this to just be my hubby and I, perhaps my sister and little brother but really no one else. Unless my parents INSISTED on coming (Oh no...not again! LOL!) :D But seriously...I plan on doing what we would have always wanted...a cermony at WDW since we love it there so much. I think we'll do the wedding pavillion at the GF since that is our favorite, and maybe even some Disney characters! I don't know yet....I am starting to plan from now..I have 2 years!! :)

Isn't this exciting?? :)

Hey jas!!!!

Dh and honeymooned at WDW after our wedding in April of 2000. We are planning to renew our vows at WDW on our 5 or 10 year anniversary ( I vote for the 5 year) :)

We had a big Cinderella themed wedding that was beautiful (see http://gennaroworld.topcities.com/wedding.html

I want to do it small at the Poly or YC in the gazebo. We are still talking about it.
We wanted to get married at WDW the first time but we couldn't afford it and we had 200+ guests who couldn't fly to Florida for the festivities. :) Parents also wanted a big family wedding.

Hope to hear others plans!! :)

Kamy

prncssjas,

Wow! I see whyyou just want it to be the two of you. I don't think you're a "weirdo", by the way. I think you have the right idea! Originally I wanted an intimate WDW wedding, but then I reconsidered and thout I'd like the whole big wedding bonanza! Well, what a fiasco! My wedding gown's zipper BROKE as my mom zipped it up! That's b/c the gown went through 6 rounds of alterations and a new (not to mention CHEAP) zipper was added. The reason for all these alterations is that I'm 4'11" and the gown I ordered was too long in the skirt and bodice! So, after that I thought to myself, "Should have done it in Disney!"

DH and I want to renew our vows on June 25, 20??. We met on June 18, 1997, and we were going to have the wedding that date, but it was Fathers Day that year (2000). So, when we renew our vows at the Wedding Pavillion with our children (if we have them by then) and no one else (LOL), I plan on wearing an a-line dress (white, of course) but one that is very plain and elegant. I had the biggest, pouffy Cinderella dress, which I loved, but it was a lot of dress! I want to make the vow renewal a special family vacation! And of course we'll stay at the GF...that's where we honeymooned after all! So that's what I'm (tentatively) planning. Hopefully we'll be able to afford an appearance by Mickey and Minnie, too!

I think it's great that Disney offers the vow renewals...I think there are lots of husbands and wives that want to keep the romance alive and by renewing their vows, how much more romantic can you get?

Have fun planning!

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter