Rental car pickup at MCO

I don’t think the above was clear on skipping the counter. You do need to check in online with Alamo and provide ID and CC info. You’ll then get a QR/barcode with your rental information.
Thanks, got all that figured out, printed the QR code already and everything, but I would not have known to go looking for the option without this thread.

Do you have a Costco membership? I go thru them, and have good luck.
There was a thread here a while back where people were finding Costco pricing had suddenly become more expensive than booking direct so always double check the direct prices to compare.

So many people are “married” to Costco here. It’s been my experience for a couple years now that Costco has never been cheaper than what AutoSlash has tracked. I rent about eight times a year, due business and pleasure, and can’t remember the last time Costco was least expensive.

So many people are “married” to Costco here. It’s been my experience for a couple years now that Costco has never been cheaper than what AutoSlash has tracked. I rent about eight times a year, due business and pleasure, and can’t remember the last time Costco was least expensive.
I check both. Often Autoslash is cheaper, but occasionally it's Costco which it is for our car from Port Canveral to MCO.

I've rarely found Auto Slash to have cheaper prices than I could find elsewhere (AAA, Costco, Kayak) outside finding some absolutely amazing deals for the non-national brands that are off airport. It's strange as everyone raves about the service but it just doesn't pop up great prices for me most of the time, nor does the tracking service either.

I've rarely found Auto Slash to have cheaper prices than I could find elsewhere (AAA, Costco, Kayak) outside finding some absolutely amazing deals for the non-national brands that are off airport. It's strange as everyone raves about the service but it just doesn't pop up great prices for me most of the time, nor does the tracking service either.
Strange. I tend to rent at major airports and only search the major on-airport companies.

I think it has to do with what type of car you typically get plus time of year patterns, etc. One might be best for X cars on Y dates, and bad for different category or dates. And even that changes over time.

Autoslash will check Costco rates if you mark down you have a membership when making the request. I use Autoslash to compare to my discount code, every once in a while something will beat my code. But very rarely is the Costco code what ends up being the lowest and shown to me. It's usually a combination of some percentage off, or a FF code that comes out better.

COSTCO contracts include an additional driver. The additional driver doesn't have to be the spouse.
That's moot for me, since my carrier covers me while driving a rental car. Most carriers do; check with yours. My Chase Sapphire Reserve provides PRIMARY coverage when the card is used on the rental; I believe it's the only card that does.
Autoslash will check Costco rates if you mark down you have a membership when making the request. I use Autoslash to compare to my discount code, every once in a while something will beat my code. But very rarely is the Costco code what ends up being the lowest and shown to me. It's usually a combination of some percentage off, or a FF code that comes out better.
I've found this to be true too.

That's moot for me, since my carrier covers me while driving a rental car. Most carriers do; check with yours. My Chase Sapphire Reserve provides PRIMARY coverage when the card is used on the rental; I believe it's the only card that does.
Not the only one, but there aren't many. Chase Sapphire Reserve, Sapphire Preferred, Cap1 Venture X, Bilt Rewards, Ritz-Carlton card all include it, I'm sure I'm missing a few. Most AMEX cards offer it but it's a charge of approximately $20/rental for it.
It also doesn't have anything to do with what you quoted. You may be insured if you're driving a rental car, but you don't have the legal right to drive a rental car unless your name is on the contract. If you drive someone else's rental car without being listed as an additional driver, you're on the hook for all of it and your insurance company won't pay anything. You could also be arrested for auto theft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter