Rental car rates...

Walts Buddy

Earning My Ears
Our travel dates are 1/1-1/8 and all but a couple of the discount rental codes expire in December or before. Any ideas when the discounts for January are issued? Thanks:)

If you have an entertainment book the coupons are good until 12/31/03. They have National, Hertz, Avis, Budget and Alamo. I don't recommend Alamo. I have had good luck with National and they are onsite. Good luck!

the NHOL code has been extended thru 3-31 which gave me a base rate of 179/wk plus 27.54 per addit'l day. Maybe this will help.

The NHOL in product code may help, but still put the coupon and contract number in also.

Which rental company do you use? Dollar.com has discount codes for January, try promo code DESTC at their web site. It gives a great rate on a full size Dodge Intrepid. Dollar is located onsite, right across from baggage pick up in Orlando Airport.

RobinLyn:D

If you go to http://www.vacationoutlet.com and click on Car Rentals, there are discounts codes & coupons for the various companies. I was able to get a full size from National for 8 days for $215.86. If you are a member of BJ's wholesale club, I found the same rate using the BJ's code and coupon. BJ's also has codes and coupons for the other major rental companies - you can pick up a flyer with all the coupons & codes at BJ's, and I think you may also be able to access some of the information online.

I reserved a car through National for 1/18 thru 2/1 and somehow got a rate of
$398 total for the two weeks (including all taxes)
I put in NHOL -AND the discount code for the Disney Club card,
but it didn't apply ANY credits...it just gave me a base rate of $155.19 per week.

That was at the end of October and since I knew that was a great rate, I reserved it right away.

I don't think I've gotten it to give me a rate of less than $650 since then, with either National or Dollar.

I just kept trying whenever I logged onto the web and finally got lucky.

Good luck to you.

:) :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I appreciate all of your input. I figure anything I can save on a rental car will enable my wife and children to buy more Disney pins!;)

RobinLyn... where did DESTC come from? It's giving me the best discount for the end of February, just want to make sure it's available to everyone to use. ~:D~

ShannonG posted about this discount, can anyone use it or how do you become a member. I want to try the discount code for National if it's available to everyone. Thanks for any help

Mogs30,

I found out about the vacationoutlet.com discount here on the boards,a nd the information posted said anyone could use it. The information on vacationoutlet.com says:

Call Direct and Save up to 25% on Your Next Car Rental! Simply call the car rental company of your choice, mention the discount number and/or code provided and you'll be on your way to great savings! It's that easy!

and further down on the page it also says:

Note: These car rental discounts are provided to you as a service of Vacation Outlet, and can only be accessed by contacting the individual car rental companies directly and using the codes provided. Discounts and value-added coupons (coming soon) are not available through Vacation Outlet and are not combinable with any Vacation Outlet packages. Please refer to individual offer terms & conditions for further restrictions and details.

I printed out the coupon, and the terms and conditions listed do not restrict it to a particular group, it just says that the printed internet coupon must be presented at the time of rental. So, it appears that the discount is available to anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter