rental car vs taxi (need quick opinions!)

Goofy's apprentice

DIS Veteran
We are leaving for BWV tomorrow !!!

Having second thoughts about renting a car. Have booked it for a week but really can't see us leaving Disney ppty for more that 2 grocery trips and one visit to friends at the Vistana Villa's.

Are we crazy to get a car for that ? How much is the cost to take a taxi for groceries?

Thanks in advance for your help

How much is your car?

If you are leaving tomorrow, you will either need to hurry up and schedule Magical Express for your MCO transportation to the resort, or hire a taxi/limo for that too. ME no longer accepts walk ups so you have to schedule it ahead. If you do the Limo, they may give you a 20 min. grocery stop included.

At this point, I would keep the car unless it is just a really high rate. Grocery trips will most likely cost at least $20 round trip plus tip even to the closest grocery store.

Also, how will you visit your friends or are they coming to you?

We've rented a car and had it sit for days at a time at WDW, but for the trips we did take, it paid for itself.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Thanks for the info.

Forgot to mention that I have already arranged Magical Express. Didn't get the luggage tags but I'm told that we are signed up and just need to find a representative at MCO and they'll take care of us.

We are going to the Vistana for one night. I guess I could ask our friends to drop us back at the resort but since we are headed to Brunch at the Floridian before we go to visit them, I would have to take two taxis.

Sounds like I'm sticking with the car reservation.

Any other ideas?...

We're going this sunday for 4 days using magical express. But on Sunday night we have tickets to a concert at Hard Rock Live. I called yellow cabs in Orlando for a rough estimate on how much the fare would be he told me around $35 each way :confused3 So I went online and I'm picking up an intermiate car from National at the Dolphin for one night total with taxes and fees $26. This way we can also drive to a store. Have a great time. This weekend can't come fast enough

Stick with the rental car. We prefer to drive ourselves to the parks than wait on Disney buses. Gives us more flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter