Rentals at WDW - wheelchair /scooter

Bluenoser

Mouseketeer
I hoping someone can help me here. We are going to Disney in two weeks and I have injured my knee and can only walk very short distances before it swells and walking becomes unbearable (dreading the plane ride) - changing our plans is not an option as this is a trip with my brother and his family and trying reschedule would be a nightmare. I hope with lots of RICE I will be in better shape before we go but I am wondering if wheelchairs or electric scooters are available should I need one? Do you have to make arrangements before you go? thanks.

I don't have time right now for a long reply, but if you look in the disABILITIES FAQs near the top of this board, you should find what you are looking for.
The wheelchairs and ecvs (electric scooters) available at the parks are not reserved ahead of time. Getting a wheelchair is usually not a problem, but ecvs are limited in number and you may not get one if you are not at the park when it opens.
If you want to make sure to have one, the best way is renting from one of the off-site places.

I just got back from a short trip with a broken ankle. The nice folks on this board helped me greatly! We ended up renting a scooter (an ECV) from an off-site vendor. I was so glad to have it for getting from the parking areas to the parks & around our resort. My dh & two young teen daughters were able to easily load it into the back of our van. The equipment looked brand new and maintained its charge through out the day. We ended up coming home early due to a death in the family & they modified our reservation & credited us back the difference with no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter