Renting a camper in DW

Stacy in NH

Earning My Ears
Hi,
This is the first time we have taken our children (5 and 7) to Disney. We were wondering if people have RV's at the camp site that they rent to others. Where could I find that information?
TIA,
Stacy in NH

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having RV's at the campsite (you mean Walt Disney Worlds Fort Wilderness resort when you say "campsite"- right?) for others to rent. I think that would be too costly for them to pay for it to be there and then what if it wasn't being rented at times?
There might be local places that you could rent a camper and then take it to FW though?

You may want to check out Cruise America. They rent motorhomes out although I have never rented one in FL before. So I can't offer you any advice based on personal experience. I seem to recall that they did have an office in Orlando although I'm not positive.

To rent a motorhome and use it strictly for lodging, and additionally paying for the camground fee itself, would not be a good value.

The value of something like Cruise America is to travel in the RV, not to park it. I looked up Cruise America for Florida rentals. 3-nights = $425, 7-nights = $875. Additional nights = $120 each. Plus there are some set-up fees involved. If you estimate Disney camping fees at $40/night (this is probably low) a 7-night stay using Cruise America is $1155, or $165/night.

You can rent cabins at Ft. Wilderness. That still puts you there in the campground, but they're not cheap either.

The best on-site values if you want to actually stay at Disney would be the All-Star resorts.

Perhaps you'd rather rent a pop-up? They may be cheaper than the RV route. But, as Caskbill says, your better value may be in a resort room. Of course, there's always the tenting group out there!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter