Renting Advice

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have rented...do you find it easier to rent confirmed reservation? I have xxxx points and when I rented previously it was a lot of work due to renters only wanting 1 or 2 nights at a time. But it would be an expensive rental with the xxxx points...

Deleted specific number of points, Personally, I’d offer just the points but would also have a minimum nights to rent…I wouod not be a fan of confirmed rentals unless I had points that were going to expire and I needed to snag what I could.

For those of you who have rented...do you find it easier to rent confirmed reservation? I have xxxxpoints and when I rented previously it was a lot of work due to renters only wanting 1 or 2 nights at a time. But it would be an expensive rental with the xxxxpoints...
Renting confirmed reservations can be easy IF it’s a high demand resort and room category. Standard studios and 2BR at near park resorts during lower point seasons get the most interest by far.

Without securing something like that you could offer 2 price options depending how many points a reservation uses. This is common. Often something like $17pp for reservation using 150pts or more, $19pp under 150pts.

Home resort priority window can make a difference in pricing too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Renting confirmed reservations can be easy IF it’s a high demand resort and room category. Standard studios and 2BR at near park resorts during lower point seasons get the most interest by far.

Without securing something like that you could offer 2 price options depending how many points a reservation uses. This is common. Often something like $17pp for reservation using 150pts or more, $19pp under 150pts.

Home resort priority window can make a difference in pricing too.
Thank you! I was thinking I could secure a reservation for spring break ect...Thanks for the suggestion on the price per point options...

When I rented out some points I mostly did confirmed reservations. I could stalk availability for some interesting reservations within the next 30-60 days and those rented very quickly.

I've only rented points, but it was about 100 points total. I didn't have any issues checking the desired reservations, but I'm online a lot during the day, and tried to catch the renters online or would live text them at the time of booking, so communication went smoothly in case there were any questions.

Last edited:
When I rented out points I used a broker, which was super easy, and picked a reservation which wasn't during a high time and wasn't standard view (our points are BWV) because to me, I got $XX a point regardless of when and where I rented them, and it was as easy to rent points for February in a BWV preferred view room - easier than trying to get Standard View in October (!!!! by a lot !!!!) and I'd rather have the in demand times and reservations available to other members.

I think that was EASIEST, but not the most PROFITABLE way to do it.

I’ve only rented confirmed reservations. But, when doing so, I make sure they’re extremely desirable bookings. That way they rent almost immediately.

I much prefer renting confirmed reservations. You get a lot of tire-kickers and people asking about dates where availability does not exist that can take up a lot of time otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter