Renting before Buying

on this side of the country it's been popular for years for retirees to pick up and move from high tax california to no tax states like nevada and washington-and both are seeing an increase with the new tax laws. what i will be interested in seeing is how this will impact the area of paradise california. it was a hugely popular place for people to retire to when we lived in northern california a decade or so ago so i'm wondering what with the new tax laws if they won't see a significant percentage of their population who were burned out opting to take their insurance money, cut their losses and relocate out of state (esp. with the significant time-lines they are projecting for any kind of re-builds, the toxic clean up alone is going to take ages but now the heavy rains are complicating matters and they are going to have to rebuild all the underlying utilities-it will take years).

I think Paradise will be a completely different place with a different demographic when it is rebuilt new; my experience with hurricanes tells me that. I think that, delays aside, many original residents will not be able to afford the new town, and will have no choice but to go elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter