Renting DVC at the last minute

shosh1530

DIS Veteran
We are planning two nights at WDW before an upcoming cruise (about 40ish days out) and are considering trying DVC rental for the first time (we aren't owners, but have been debating purchasing).

We've been checking around and not finding any availability/confirmed reservations for our preferred resort (AK) and room type. But the WDW website does list the villa type I want as available for cash rates for my dates (at a hefty price).

Should I keep checking? Or it super unlikely that two nights would pop up at this point?

Also, if I can book one night as a DVC rental and the other as cash, would Disney let me stay in the same room?

The cash booking pool is separate from what we can book on points. Generally speaking, a cash and points booking cannot be linked.

You may see a last minute confirmed reservation, but we are within a period where openings will be rare. At 30 days, owners who cancel have their points go into holding, so cancels after 31 days out are rare.

As mentioned, look for last minute confirmed reservations that the various DVC rental brokers have. You can also check the rental posts here at disboards and the various FB groups dedicated to rentals. As we speak, I see some one-night studio AKL rentals posted for late May on one of those groups.

Not too likely, especially if you are set on a certain room type (AK Value studio, BWV standard studio, etc). If you are willing to take what you can get, something *may* pop up, but based on how DVC works, it's not looking good. And as others have mentioned, the cash inventory is completely separate from the DVC inventory.

Also, if I can book one night as a DVC rental and the other as cash, would Disney let me stay in the same room?
There are no guarantees, but if the DVC owner notifies DVC of the cash stay confirmation number and asks that they place a "continuing stay" note on the DVC reservation, and you notify Disney cash reservations of the DVC confirmation number and ask them to place a "continuing stay" note on the cash reservation, you have a good chance of staying in the same room. You would also need to visit the front desk when you first arrive and ask whether you're set to stay in the same room - if not, that's the best time for them to fix it, if possible. Of course, the two rooms would need to be the same booking category - size, view, etc.

There is a FB page dedicated to last minute DVC reservations … owners renting confirmed reservations within the next 60 days… I would try an ‘in search of’ post on there you stand a good chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter