Renting formal wear from DCL. Share your experiences please.

wehavesix

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of renting formal wear via DCL for my hubby to wear on an upcoming cruise. The prices seem very reasonable. If you've done this, please tell us about your experience. Good quality and fit? Was everything in your stateroom when you arrived on the first day?

I've rented a tux on at least 3 cruises & never had any issues. The fit was perfect & everything was in our stateroom when we had access.

we've done it twice before and will do it again. no fit issues, just sent in measurements. quality was typical of a decent rental. DH got like 3 wears out of the tux/pants, didn't need to bring along any formal wear office own. we have an upcoming 7 night, so he and the DS will do this and we can get some nice pictures and stuff. the tux arrives in a bag, i think they have up until 6 or something? ours wasn't there before sail away, we were a little nervous in case something needed to be switched? it seems like there is a magical rental room somewhere onboard that they disburse the suits from and i think have maybe a couple extras of things to change out if needed? anyways, ours wasn't in the room and we were a bit worried but it was to us by the end of dinner - or the end of the show before dinner i think. i wouldn't 100% assume that it would be there for a formal dinner the first night, but overall so easy. i think it comes with 2 shirts as well. he just got the basic tux situation. we were very happy!

We did it on the Magic in Barcelona. Steward brought it in early on our first day and asked him to try it in case anything needed changing. All fit perfectly!!! Looked great, fit well, reasonable price, one less thing to worry about (and 1 less pair of shoes - a BIG deal since DH wears a 14 so they take up a lot of luggage space).

Ditto to the above. I've rented a tux from DCL (Cruise Line Formal) many times and never had an issue. So much easier than packing my own, especially the shoes.

I have used them in the past and had no issues. It looked and fit great. Look on the website for the cruise Tux rentals and see what measurement they require and then go to a men's formal wear shop and have them take your measurements. Most stores will do this for free.

We have rented from cruiseline formals twice. As long as you submit
measurements, you should be fine. It sure saves space in the suitcase..
DH is portly so his jacket is pretty big. We even rented shoes.

DH rented tux from cruise line formals during cruise in 2013. Suit was in stateroom wardrobe on arrival. Slight issue with fit of jacket but this was quickly resolved - a tailor came to r stateroom checked measurements and brought a selection of jackets back for him to try. After few minor adjustments tux fitted perfectly. Service was first class and DH will b hiring tux again for med cruise this summer.

We've done it three times and all were great. I love the options, first time we got one with a vest that matched my dress. This last time I had bought 2 Mickey cummerbunds so we didn't need theirs but everything always fits great and is ready when we get onboard.

soooooooo, if I may be sold bold, would anyone care to share what their monetary outlay was for such rentals....I understand that this does not reflect current pricing....
many thanx

it seems like there is a magical rental room somewhere onboard that they disburse the suits from and i think have maybe a couple extras of things to change out if needed?

Yes, the vendor has a stockroom on the ship in case something needs to be switched out and a tailor who can make any last-minute alterations.

Ditto everyone else's comments. Well worth the money for the space it saves and the ease of not having to pack formal wear. Makes our family pictures look very good - hard to do considering I am in it!

I have rented a tux twice onboard. Both times they were awesome. I bring my own shoes - I've got "Goofy Feet" ie. they are HUGE!!

First time was a PC cruise from LA to Florida. They had a wide range of tuxes and vests available and I decided on an "upgraded" package.

Last time was from Miami to LA. Since the Wonder was doing shorter cruises in the Caribbean prior to my cruise they didn't have tuxes (or the full line) onboard. So for the this cruise they only had the Standard Tux available. It actually seemed to be almost brand new.

BTW - I Looked Incredibly Awesome in the tux if I say so myself :smooth:. But in reality I'm no James Bond :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter