• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting out AK points

Kurby

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
Has anyone already thought about renting out your AK points?

have you thought about a price per point?

just courious as to what they might go for when they come through in 2 months.

Check the Rent/Trade board. There are already posts there. They are going for the same as any other point.

Has anyone already thought about renting out your AK points?

have you thought about a price per point?

just courious as to what they might go for when they come through in 2 months.
I probably will the first year as my plate is already full for a the next year. I've generally increased my price per point when I've rented anyway but I haven't made a decision as to how much IF I do rent them or HOW I will do so as of yet.

I'm banking my March '07 AKV points so I can make my March '08 ressie with two years worth of points. The neat thing is that I get to make that ressie next month!!:cool1: :dance3:

we were going to bank our points because this year but we're not sure if we're going to be able to get down to WDW before they would expire so we were just thinking of transferring them out instead of loosing them.

we've got several months to think about it as we don't get them until Sept and then have until April 08 to bank all 100% but I just wanted to get an idea of what AK points would go for

i looked at the rent board and couldn't find anyone already renting them out - found a few looking for AK so i couldn't see if they would go for the same $pp as the others or more or less.

i figure they would prob go for the same $12pp.

Hey -
I won't be able to use my 1st years points, my next trip home will be in Oct 2008.
I did see that someone had put up points to rent at $15/pp.
I was hoping to get $13-$14 for my 200.

I'll probably list them in March...

Ken

Hey -
I won't be able to use my 1st years points, my next trip home will be in Oct 2008.
I did see that someone had put up points to rent at $15/pp.
I was hoping to get $13-$14 for my 200.

Ken

I don't know if they will go that high... The only real advantage of renting AKV points is the 4 month lead time on the booking.. (Assuming you can book for person renting the points right as the window opens.)

I would certainly be willing to book at the 11-month window for the renter...
What's the harm in testing the market to see what it will bear?

I know that someone did rent (or at least tried to rent) at $15...so $13-$14 might be doable??

If not, I could always lower the price.

Thanks -
Ken

wow $15 pp - 210 points would be $3150 - 10 days Cash resort in Sept would be $3670 so i guess it would be cheaper even at $15 per point.

guess we'll see how the renting marked goes up by the time I would need to make a final decision.

I would certainly be willing to book at the 11-month window for the renter...
What's the harm in testing the market to see what it will bear?

I know that someone did rent (or at least tried to rent) at $15...so $13-$14 might be doable??

If not, I could always lower the price.

Thanks -
Ken

I do think that should be doable, considering the post for $15/pp you mentioned, appears to have received a couple of responses (if I remember correctly).

Plus, am I crazy in thinking that AKV has 1 very distinct advantage over the other DVC properties? It accomodates 5 legitimately in a 1 bedroom and 9 in a 2 bedroom--or at least it will in the new buildings. That might be a bit more attractive for some families to rent--even at a slightly higher price per point. It still may end up less than a 2 bedroom elsewhere.

JMO!

And yes, we are planning on renting out some points this year, too. Originally we weren't heading to WDW until dec 08, but I was able to get a cash discount 2 bd at Hilton Head that we are splitting with another family. Both our families need to rent 104-110 points for the week, in order to cover the cost. Fortunately, we may each know someone who wants to use our points and I can avoid the whole rental thing. However, if that doesn't pan out, I, too will be posting them on the rent/trade board.;)

We will possibly rent out our AKV points. My parents might end up using them, but if not, then we will transfer or rent them. We are going in Dec. w/our other points and won't be going back to Disney until 2009 at the earliest. Banking them won't work for us, as it would mess up our normal travel plans.

One renter did get $15/point, but that was at the very beginning of the AKV sales. Not sure if that would happen now. Though it would be nice to see it happen.

I saw where the renter posted that he wanted $15.00 pp, but does anyone know if he really receive it? The reservation cannot even be booked yet. That would scare me if I were the renter. As for the Sept prices for AKL, not the villas, I have stayed there before in Sept with an Annual Pass discount for Savanna View for $155. or $151.00 per night. I don't remember which one. It was 2004. It was a GREAT rate!

I saw where the renter posted that he wanted $15.00 pp, but does anyone know if he really receive it? The reservation cannot even be booked yet. That would scare me if I were the renter. As for the Sept prices for AKL, not the villas, I have stayed there before in Sept with an Annual Pass discount for Savanna View for $155. or $151.00 per night. I don't remember which one. It was 2004. It was a GREAT rate!

KimberH:

I can't get the search function to function... Can you post a link to the $15.00 per point thread, I'm curious as well to see what AKL points will rent at.

Thanks

Brand

Just a reminder that while discussion of rental rates is allowed, any suggestion by anyone as to what rates should be is a violation of board policy as it is considered a form of attempting price fixing. Any such post will be removed.

Feel free to discuss rates, but in no way make any suggestions that others should charge a specific rate.

If someone is going to try to get a bigger return for their AKV points by getting a non-member a stay at the AKV, they are going to have to be quick on the phone the first morning and every morning after to make sure they get it. What happens if they get waitlisted for any of their days?

I am waiting to see the first ressie for rent for one of the conceirge rooms. My guess is that ressie will be expensive.

That or when we see someone wanting Conceirge for 9 bucks a point.

popcorn::

I am waiting to see the first ressie for rent for one of the conceirge rooms. My guess is that ressie will be expensive.

That or when we see someone wanting Conceirge for 9 bucks a point.

popcorn::

Nah, it will be someone wanting fire sale points at AKV for $5 or 6 a point. "Anyone have any AKV points that are about to expire? ...."

Dizneebabe:

Thanks for posting the url for the renting post.

I must be doing something techincally wrong because I can't post a reply to you or a PM. (Or search for that matter)

But thanks again!

Brand

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter