Renting room the night before arriving, do I notify resort?

luvbwv

Half of my heart is in heaven.
We are staying at BLT in April. We have an early morning flight and are traveling with 3 little ones. I booked the room for the day before our arrival so when we arrive the next day it will be ready. Should i notify the resort? If so, how? I don’t want to lose the room because they think we are not coming. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Yes you should notify them. You can do it through member services as well as online check-in.

How long is your flight?
I take the 1st flight out and land about 10:30am at MCO. By the time I get a rental and arrive at the resort, my room is usually ready. Only once was it not. If you are taking ME, I suspect it will take longer.

Anyway, I would notify that you will be arriving early morning.

Do they actually know what time you get into your room? With not having to go to the front desk now . How do they know? Is there something telling them when you open your room?

Definitely notify MS to note it on your reservation as to when you will arrive. I have recently been told that they won’t cancel until there is a no show after night 2, but it does say that one should notify if arrival will be different.

From what was shared from MS, they can tell if the room as been accessed. Again, a note on reservation will be all that is needed!

Do they actually know what time you get into your room? With not having to go to the front desk now . How do they know? Is there something telling them when you open your room?
Yes
You are electronically accessing your room. As soon as you do, it is logged into a database.

How long is your flight?
I take the 1st flight out and land about 10:30am at MCO. By the time I get a rental and arrive at the resort, my room is usually ready. Only once was it not. If you are taking ME, I suspect it will take longer.

Anyway, I would notify that you will be arriving early morning.
We will probably be to the resort by 10:00 a.m. I have had early flights in the past and noted arrival time but, understandably, the room usually is not ready.
I have extra points, so decided just to add the night so our room will be ready. The kids can nap and then we will be good to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter