Reopening dates for Citrico's, Trails End plus more dining news

I was so happy to hear that Trail's End will be reopening in time for our trip...and then I saw the menu. They took away the best part of going to Trail's End...the Fried Chicken!!!! They are substituting rotisserie chicken. Did they not learn anything from the 'Ohana noodle debacle?

YAHOO! It says that reservations will be available on 7/1. Does that mean at midnight? 8 AM? I can't imagine not dining here in August, and it'll break my heart if we can't get this ADR!

YAHOO! It says that reservations will be available on 7/1. Does that mean at midnight? 8 AM? I can't imagine not dining here in August, and it'll break my heart if we can't get this ADR!

The other restaurants that have reopened seem to have popped up sometime between 5 and 6am.

I was so happy to hear that Trail's End will be reopening in time for our trip...and then I saw the menu. They took away the best part of going to Trail's End...the Fried Chicken!!!! They are substituting rotisserie chicken. Did they not learn anything from the 'Ohana noodle debacle?
They serve the fried chicken at the quick service. At least they did during Covid times. I’m hoping they will still after Trails End opens.

As PP noted, try P&J's Takeout at Ft. W. We just ate there 2 weeks ago and the fried chicken was delicious!!!

QUOTE="zemmer, post: 63130346, member: 640039"]
They serve the fried chicken at the quick service. At least they did during Covid times. I’m hoping they will still after Trails End opens.
[/QUOTE]

As PP noted, try P&J's Takeout at Ft. W. We just ate there 2 weeks ago and the fried chicken was delicious!!!

Good to know. Thanks!

What a complete and utter let down the new Trails End menu is. Not sure if its still AYCTE or not but the menu selections are abysmal. Why can't they do buffets? Millions of other restaurants are doing them successfully by having patrons use disposable gloves.

Not sure that I'm real excited about the theme for Citricos.
Ultimately, it will come down to the menu. The few pieces they have released look promising.
Hopefully this isn't just another loss of another upscale restaurant.

So much for eating at Citricos on my birthday. Not only is there no more chocolate cake, there's no full plant-based dessert on the menu at all. booooo

We have not seen a full menu yet. I seriously doubt there are only 6 things on it.

So where exactly did the noodle police complain to Disney to get the Ohana noodles back? Something needs to be done about Trails End.

Agree. I was so excited when I saw that it was re-opening, until I saw the menu. If our local Chinese buffet can re-open with diners using plastic gloves, why can't the Disney buffets do the same? I just see this as another cost-cutting measure. They think we'll be so thrilled that they're open that we'll all be flocking to it. I did Cape May Cafe last month for breakfast and dinner. They're both a one and one until the buffet comes back. Trails End I'm just skipping altogether. So disappointed. We have Tusker House for dinner on our schedule for September, but I think I'll replace it with something else.

not necessarily cost-cutting; more for your safety than anything else. your local Chinese buffet is not dealing with the sheer volume of people coming from all over the place during a pandemic. Unfortunately, The pandemic is NOT over, despite everyone wishing it to be so.

I wonder if it’s related to staffing issues. One person can monitor a lot of rotisserie chicken where it might take more people to fry chicken at an AYCTE restaurant, especially when said chicken is the most popular entree. Since it’s not AYCTE at the take out window, one person can probably keep up with demand.

I don’t know why all the buffets can’t operate cafeteria style instead of buffet style. It’s a lot easier to get CMs to comply with using gloves, but it can still operate as AYCTE with a wide variety of items. It’s hard to have a wide variety and serve family style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter