Reopenings at Aulani

Ben Power

Earning My Ears
Hey All -

Hoping this can be a stationary post for when specific items are announced as reopened or reverting to a pre-COVID protocol. Buffets, bar seating, adult pools, activities, etc! Hopefully this centralized location will help people who will be going to Aulani in the next few weeks/months know when things are back!

I know it isn't exactly Aulani, but the Four Seasons next door has an iconic Sunday brunch that is really not to be missed. I just called today and they confirmed they are back to doing the full buffet on Sundays now! 95 dollars and worth every penny.

Character meet and greets back to normal April 18
Makihiki breakfast characters back to walking around meeting guest
Were you or are you at the resort when the up close character meet and greets came back? I wasn't aware they already started as it hasn't been officially announced for Aulani

Were you or are you at the resort when the up close character meet and greets came back? I wasn't aware they already started as it hasn't been officially announced for Aulani
Yes I'd like to know too - seen the distanced interaction on YouTube and will cancel my breakfast reservation if it is still the case in May

Yes I'd like to know too - seen the distanced interaction on YouTube and will cancel my breakfast reservation if it is still the case in May
I think the OP may have seen the announcement on 3/31/22 on the Disney Parks Blog that close up character meet-and-greets were expected to return hopefully around April 18 at Disneyland, Disneyworld and Disney Cruise Line but Aulani wasn't mentioned. So we will all just have to wait patiently and see what happens :)

We spent April 13-22 at Aulani. We were at Kualoa Ranch most of the day April 18 so not sure everything switched that day but as of April 19 character interactions are back to normal.
We had our character breakfast on Easter April 17 so no real character interactions. After April 19, I walked by MaKihiki breakfast multiple times and you got to meet and hug Mickey in front and the other characters were roaming the restaurant to meet at tables.
My DD5 got to hug her favorite Duffy and it’s all she talks about.

1BCF4EA0-B540-437B-8637-99D399F86FB8.jpeg6D48D0FC-1988-41E3-9E7D-06EE14F805F1.jpeg484D4FA1-F402-422D-B6CE-33BB57F44961.jpegD0DC4780-8CE0-4985-82A6-3038BE2AD337.jpeg
E51C320F-C250-42EA-9E73-7FC01866B732.jpeg4CB0B597-45C1-4CB4-AADD-6C6E2DF7AFD6.jpeg

We had the character breakfast on Easter before the restrictions were dropped.

F9664643-8B14-4D19-8E11-D869174B1FC6.jpeg

When I walked by 3 days later you could meet and hug Mickey, the other characters were roaming the restaurant. I saw Pluto and Goofy but didn’t dine there after they dropped the restrictions so I don’t know how many characters were there.

CCFAC951-5C1E-4E6D-BE59-97C509208C2B.jpeg810AC5B2-2CAB-48E7-94DE-F4F042821927.jpeg

We spent April 13-22 at Aulani. We were at Kualoa Ranch most of the day April 18 so not sure everything switched that day but as of April 19 character interactions are back to normal.
We had our character breakfast on Easter April 17 so no real character interactions. After April 19, I walked by MaKihiki breakfast multiple times and you got to meet and hug Mickey in front and the other characters were roaming the restaurant to meet at tables.

View attachment 664422View attachment 664423View attachment 664425View attachment 664427
View attachment 664433View attachment 664434
Thank you for sharing for lovely pictures

View attachment 664422View attachment 664423View attachment 664425View attachment 664427
View attachment 664433View attachment 664434
We're back, baby.

Just checked in, confirming:

no lei greeting
plexi everywhere
I requested a lei greeting from our shuttle service from HNL to Aulani. I was hoping that Aulani would return theirs because it is so special, and am anticipating it will not be ready yet. Do you know if they at least have lei's or kukui nut necklaces available to grab or buy on site?

I requested a lei greeting from our shuttle service from HNL to Aulani. I was hoping that Aulani would return theirs because it is so special, and am anticipating it will not be ready yet. Do you know if they at least have lei's or kukui nut necklaces available to grab or buy on site?
If you can’t find one on-site, I think ABC store should have shell and nut leis. No fresh flower ones there IIRC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter