Repent guy yelling outside DLR gates this weekend

DLtorgo

waiting for my next Disney fix
Stayed at The Anaheim hotel this weekend. As we were walking up to the parks there was someone yelling into a blaring loudspeaker. It was kind of scary because it sounded like a police bullhorn and I’m thinking is there a situation?
Yelling became clear as we approach the Uber drop off lot. “If you let your children watch a cartoon mouse they will grow up to be Sodomites!!!
Ok.. guy holding a huge Repent sign right at the entrance. Security was huddled near him but not interacting. You could still hear him ranting all the way at the security tables but it was unintelligible then. I asked security cast member about him and she said he had been there a couple times and security has been able to argue that the sound level has interfered with their operations and police shut him down. He has the right to free speech but it was a pretty unpleasant start to the morning. Everyone walking in was upset. This was around 7:10 on Sunday morning
Anyone else run into this?

Well there's literal Nazis outside Disney World so it could be worse.

I'm sure most people will ignore both. I'd imagine the conversion rate for those guys is really low. There's nuts everywhere spouting their gibberish. You just have to put it in an imaginary box and toss it in the trash after you get to security.

It was the bull horn volume that was jarring to me and calling out kids. No one engaged with him. I’m used to nuts appearing at Comic Con and parades. Nazis at WDW? Yikes

There are nutters everywhere. Some religious wacko was on a corner in my city loudly shouting in his megaphone. Very annoying, but what can you do? My kid knows not to engage or take any of that nonsense as truth. Sorry you had to go through that at DL, though. :worried:

Yep, we saw him last year on 2 of our 3 trips (I think he was there in May and August, but not January if I'm remembering correctly?) Every day. Sometimes he's outside the gate on Harbour, other times, further down Harbour, where the buses go in (name of street is escaping me).

Stayed at The Anaheim hotel this weekend. As we were walking up to the parks there was someone yelling into a blaring loudspeaker. It was kind of scary because it sounded like a police bullhorn and I’m thinking is there a situation?
Yelling became clear as we approach the Uber drop off lot. “If you let your children watch a cartoon mouse they will grow up to be Sodomites!!!
Ok.. guy holding a huge Repent sign right at the entrance. Security was huddled near him but not interacting. You could still hear him ranting all the way at the security tables but it was unintelligible then. I asked security cast member about him and she said he had been there a couple times and security has been able to argue that the sound level has interfered with their operations and police shut him down. He has the right to free speech but it was a pretty unpleasant start to the morning. Everyone walking in was upset. This was around 7:10 on Sunday morning

Free speech is one thing, but the right to amplification isn't guaranteed.

There's been some of this stuff going on in Florida - literally Nazis too. The Mickey head silhouette sign supposedly had something that had to be blotted out.

DeSantis-Nazi-640x496.jpg

There's been some of this stuff going on in Florida - literally Nazis too. The Mickey head silhouette sign supposedly had something that had to be blotted out.
I don't see a Mickey Mouse silhouette in that photo. Are you saying that the group of people to the right of the big Nazi flag were covering up a WDW sign? Were they on Disney property?

I don't see a Mickey Mouse silhouette in that photo. Are you saying that the group of people to the right of the big Nazi flag were covering up a WDW sign? Were they on Disney property?
I think the guy in front of the mickey head sign is flipping someone "the bird" and his hand gesture is blurred out.

We saw one religious guy last week on Tues or Wed, loud but not saying anything rude or inappropriate. A different religious guy with a bullhorn was out on Friday morning, and he was being very rude, saying things like what you heard. Sounds like the same guy. We were leaving that day, and just made a quick run to World of Disney. By the time we headed back, less than a half hour later, he was gone. Security does seem to be on the top of these things.

Yeah, we've seen him before (or someone spouting off stuff like him). He's been down at Katella/Harbor before but also in front of the Harbor entrance. We're pretty good at blocking stuff out like that and just chuckling to ourselves after we walk by because of some of the ridiculous stuff that has been said.

If I had kids with me, I would probably engage them in a conversation so they're not focusing as much on it and know it's okay to just keep on walking. A good learning opportunity for future reference when they encounter these types again.

It's the little blotted out sign, held in his left hand. It's hard to see because it's black against a dark green background. I saw an unredacted version of that photo and it's not really suitable for DISBoards.

I guess it's complicated. There are other photos of them, right in front of the Walt Disney World sign at the entrance to Disney Springs. Most of them were standing on the grass or interior sidewalk (and not the sidewalk on the side of State Road 535) so I think most technically were on Disney property. As far as I know, there's no right to be on the grass without Disney's permission. Also - someone had a megaphone as was yelling out "white power" (among other things that I can't repeat here).

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.381826,-81.5055051,3a,30y,315.49h,85.85t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sjC5jqTqpVhaJGeJyFFgPlQ!2e0!6shttps://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com/v1/thumbnail?panoid=jC5jqTqpVhaJGeJyFFgPlQ&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&w=203&h=100&yaw=145.1214&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

I found one video of it that was OK, but in Twitter it was also attached to the unredacted photo of that sign.

I think the guy in front of the mickey head sign is flipping someone "the bird" and his hand gesture is blurred out.

It wasn't the bird. Again - not repeatable here.

It's the little blotted out sign, held in his left hand. It's hard to see because it's black against a dark green background. I saw an unredacted version of that photo and it's not really suitable for DISBoards.

I guess it's complicated. There are other photos of them, right in front of the Walt Disney World sign at the entrance to Disney Springs. Most of them were standing on the grass or interior sidewalk (and not the sidewalk on the side of State Road 535) so I think most technically were on Disney property. As far as I know, there's no right to be on the grass without Disney's permission. Also - someone had a megaphone as was yelling out "white power" (among other things that I can't repeat here).

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.381826,-81.5055051,3a,30y,315.49h,85.85t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sjC5jqTqpVhaJGeJyFFgPlQ!2e0!6shttps://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com/v1/thumbnail?panoid=jC5jqTqpVhaJGeJyFFgPlQ&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&w=203&h=100&yaw=145.1214&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

I found one video of it that was OK, but in Twitter it was also attached to the unredacted photo of that sign.
Thanks for the additional information. I probably won't go looking for the original photo, but just from what you've said here, those people are certainly open about what they stand for. :sad2:

I've never understood this. Being a Christian since I was a kid, I've seen a lot of people change their lives for the better. I've seen the miraculous and amazing. But... It NEVER happened because I shouted at them, publicly condemned and humiliated them, or even had a "conversation" on a social media site. Seems these guys want to be the new John the Baptist - forgetting that he got beheaded.

I remember these types used to show up at my college. Me and my buddies would engage with them, but more to just run interference and keep them toned down so they didn't freak out anybody else who might be searching for something spiritual. Not to mention suppressing (not censoring) their intent to bring shame and reproach on my Savior and my faith as a whole.

To those offended or upset by these people, may I apologize and say that they do not represent Jesus nor a large majority of those who truly have "the faith". I'm not condemning their right to say what they say. But I do wish they'd use the tact and intelligence the One we follow showed us.

One more reason to stay in the DL bubble! Never seen anything like that Other than the JW with a table set up in downtown Disney who are very quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter