Replacement for Garmin 210

PaDisneyCouple

DIS Veteran
I think I somehow lost my Garmin 210 after this morning's run. It was so nice out here in Pa, I had to go out. It was still dark when I put it and some other things into the back of my car. In transferring my gym bag and work gear later, it must have fallen out or something. I really liked it, and had the foot pod and HR monitor to go with it. DW says given the replacement cost, and fact that the model is no longer sold, to go ahead and upgrade. It was 4 years old, and had a bit of a gouge near the face, and data was getting slow to load.

What current model Garmin do you think would be similar, and work with the HR monitor and foot pod I already have? Not planning on using it to swim; just running tracking.

Probably the FR230 but not sure it would work with the accessories you already have. :confused3

I have a Vivoactive that does more than run - but also tracks steps and I can get notifications on it.

I second what @camaker says ... upgrade to the 235. I believe that also has the "notifications" option to it, and it's been a game-changer for me.

I just ordered the 920 xt this mornings ng. It is currently 50% off on REI. My old one has been a workhorse, but i think it is time to upgrade. Sorry, i am clueless about the accessories.

I just ordered the 920 xt this mornings ng. It is currently 50% off on REI. My old one has been a workhorse, but i think it is time to upgrade. Sorry, i am clueless about the accessories.

Best.Watch.Ever. It works with most if not all HR straps, footpods, and other accessories.

FR230 also has notifications. But I agree that if you want HR capabilities, go for the 235.

I went from the 210 to the 225 and initially loved it, but then after an update it had tons of issues. Brought it back to REI, where there is a super lenient return policy, and got the 235 which was on sale for less than the 225 had cost. Wrist heart rate, very configurable screens, step count, water proof, and notifications. I've been very happy with it.

Thank you to everyone for your responses and suggestions. I purchased a new Garmin 230 a couple of weeks ago, and have been getting used to using it. One blessing/curse: being linked to my iPhone, I'm getting alerts on the screen and buzzing for every text, call, and weather alert (tornado warning last Saturday). While I like knowing that a tornado may be near, I usually enjoy unplugging during a run.

And in the good news department: my foot hit something "elastic" feeling under the bed yesterday morning while getting dressed. It was my lost Garmin 210! I've charged it up, and its back to working. DW has graciously volunteered to take my 230 off my hands, but I'll be keeping them both.

One blessing/curse: being linked to my iPhone, I'm getting alerts on the screen and buzzing for every text, call, and weather alert (tornado warning last Saturday). While I like knowing that a tornado may be near, I usually enjoy unplugging during a run.

You can turn those alerts off, if you prefer. If some are more useful than others, I think you can even select which ones you want on and which off.

Just received the FR235 in the mail yesterday after 3 years on the old GPS watch which had lost the ability to hold charge and ended up quitting after 21 miles of the January marathon (cold weather did not help). Also was having issues connecting via USB to download data and was getting to be a 15 minute hassle every time.

Looking forward to the new gear :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter