Replacement poncho?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
I seem to remember reading on here that if you rip a disney parks poncho that they'll give you a replacement? Is that true?

It worked for me on our trip last week. My son ripped his superman style and I was able to exchange it out.

Usually yes, but I have had a CM ask me for a receipt, which I did not have with me, and they would not give me a new one.

Normally they will no questions asked, that goes with most items you purchase, whether it be balloons, ponchos, toys, etc. I had a woman tell us the her daughters princess wand (or something) was stolen off of her stroller and disney replaced it.

I tried to replace two of ours last trip and the woman looked at me like I had two heads.

They even asked the supervisor and she said they have never replaced them and she had never heard of it.

GRRRR.

Dawn

I stayed at POP this past spring & had no trouble at the gift shop replacing a ripped one w/no receipt. Ironically, the replacement got left in my car that day & melted a little. Hopefully it'll be just as easy getting another replacement. Lol

I would assume yes. I think so much of what they sell is crap that they will replace no questions asked. For example, we were there for a week 11/15-11/22 and we had the following replaced without question or the need for a receipt:

1) some light up thing that twirls; bought for DS first night at Fantasmic! after being told that it would work all week at night and with any Glow with the Show music; used for about 30 minutes but when turned on the following night at MVMCP, it didn't work

2) DS's wool hat with Mickey Mouse pin on it; pin fell off and lost within hours; again, replaced immediately

DD's wool hat with Minnie Mouse pom poms as ears also lost one pom the day we bought it. Fortunately we saw it fall and had it. We had already left the park, and I had brought safety pins. So I merely pinned it for the rest of the trip rather than waste time trying to find another one.

Replaced a Disney (Mickey Mouse on it I think) adult rain poncho no problem late August 2014, at the store to the left of the big golf ball at Epcot (Spaceship Earth ride). I did have my receipt - bought it just days before at Magic Kingdom. (It had torn at the neck the first time DS (a child) put it on). The CM/cashier was very nice about it - no problem at all. Can't remember if she actually looked at the receipt, but I got the impression if it was a park exclusive item she would have exchanged it anyway. YMMV. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter