• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reply from DCL in regards to the Common Grounds issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wovenwonder

DIS Veteran
I emailed a link to the threads concerning common grounds to DCL -- as I wanted to give them a chance to respond. Following is their response in an email which I received today.

12/13/02

Thank you for your e-mail concerning the disboards posting. I am sorry for not
providing a more timely response to your e-mail, but due to the volume of
correspondence we have received, we are not able to reply as quickly as we would
like. Your patience is sincerely appreciated.

The appropriate management team is aware of this posting. As you can imagine,
we were certainly alarmed to read of the situation described and sincerely
appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Since the performance of our counselors is as vital to our programming as the
activities we offer, they are always expected to maintain our company's
reputation for providing exemplary guest service. We take these concerns very
seriously, and have reviewed them with the Director of Programming, who will
follow up on these issues with the onboard team and will take the appropriate
action if needed.

We appreciate guests like you who obviously enjoy Disney vacations and care
enough to give us this kind of information.

Sincerely,

Jennifer
Disney Cruise Line Guest Communications

That is nice to know that DCL is using this board! It is their best source of market research. As we were told on the first 7 day Magic cruise, DCL pays attention to what is posted here and they do take our remarks serious. I am glad they are researching the common ground problem. Our teens never experienced it but that doesn't mean the counselors involved are the same ones our teens had.(also we never cruised on the Wonder) A good company will check out complaints. Kathy

My problem is that if the post forwarded wasn't a truthful depiction. I hope no one gets dismissed over someone's overactive imagination.

Originally posted by Eeyore2U
My problem is that if the post forwarded wasn't a truthful depiction. I hope no one gets dismissed over someone's overactive imagination.

Dont worry about that. I'm sure they saw the number of adults and teens who came out an said that their experiences on the Wonder mirrored mine. So it was clearly -- quite clearly -- not one person's paranoid delusions.

Unless, of course, we overlook those who were given instructions on where to smoke. or overlook those who said that the Dating Game was indeed to inappropriate. But everyone here seems to dismiss all that so easily. Might it not be as simple as a bad set of CMs onboard the Wonder this fall?

Considering the number of cooborating stories, I sincerely hope that some dismissals are indeed in the works.

toady,

I have yet to see a post that mirrored yours. I have seen MANY that were diametrically opposite. I did see some that showed concern over what you "state" happened but none that had same experience.

So sorry many disagree with you, on the incident and on your parenting style.

does any body have a link to original post ?
guess i missed it and would like to get up to speed ?
thanks Peter

thanks mmouse37
and have a great day .................

Even if Toadman's post isn't truthful (not that I have a reason to doubt it), I'm sure that the people in charge will do their best to investigate the accusations. Any good manager will get both sides of the story before taking action.

I read most of the posts and it seems that those on the MAGIC did not experience anything similar, but some on the Wonder did. But anyway, that's not the point of this thread!

I'm glad Disney is looking into this!

As veteran Disney Cruisers, I went immediately to my daughter to ask her about these allegations when I read them. We have done both the Wonder and Magic numerous times and Meg has gotten to know many of the counsellors and still e-mails some. She scoffed at the allegations and said she has never seen anything remotely inappropriate on a Disney ship. As she said, "C'mon Mom, it's DISNEY!!" And anyone who has met Meg knows she is a good kid and very responsible, so I have to take her word for it since she has been there so many times.

I'm sure DCL will investigate this and since these are only allegations, I don't think it is fair to start this all over again.

Jody, thanks for letting us know you received a response, but having done 10 Disney cruises without incident, I seriously think there is nothing to worry about.

Just my 2 cents and that being said, in the essence of fairness, I think the topic is closed.
Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter