Reply From WDW - YES to seat-canes!

dizcrazee

DIS Veteran
This is in the seat-cane thread below, but I wanted to make sure everyone gets the news in case it would help someone else. I e-mailed WDW to see if my DH and I will be allowed to bring in a seat-cane for him to use (he has a bad hip and can't stand for extended periods). I'll use my wheelchair (I have RA).

I received an e-mail reply from Peggy Bishop at WDW regarding the use of a seat-cane. She said that we will be allowed to use our seat-cane as planned and she thought it was a great solution for us! I'm going to print her reply and take it with us along with letters from our doctors. I'll let you all know how it went we we return from our trip. :thumbsup2

dizcrazee said:
This is in the seat-cane thread below, but I wanted to make sure everyone gets the news in case it would help someone else. I e-mailed WDW to see if my DH and I will be allowed to bring in a seat-cane for him to use (he has a bad hip and can't stand for extended periods). I'll use my wheelchair (I have RA).

I received an e-mail reply from Peggy Bishop at WDW regarding the use of a seat-cane. She said that we will be allowed to use our seat-cane as planned and she thought it was a great solution for us! I'm going to print her reply and take it with us along with letters from our doctors. I'll let you all know how it went we we return from our trip. :thumbsup2
Thanks for the information.
I think it's a good plan to print it out and bring it with you. From what I had read, the people who did have problems with the seat-canes were stopped by security, so it's good to have it ready in case you need it.

Yes, take the printed out email with you! The one most important thing to remember about WDW is that with such a large employment base, you never can get the same answer to a question twice! :rolleyes: Although, the on property security can still over-rule, can't they?

I hope you have a wonderful trip, and no problems with the cane seat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter