Report of 4th FP from app!?

He chooses new ones, and he's done this many times. I hear all the people saying it doesn't work that way and it won't let you and Disney would tell us ... But I also see more than one person saying they've done it.
So I'm looking forward to more live reports on this in the coming days ... People actually trying to book NEW ONES - not modify, but create new ones after actually using all three prebooked FPs. That's the info I'm interested in.

Thanks! Yes I am sure a lot of people will be watching this one :)

Yes. What you're talking about is different than letting the original 3 expire or just changing fast passes and parks without using any.

To my knowledge you're not suppose to be able to select a 4th, 5th, etc FP off your phone. As of right now it has to be at a FP kiosk within the park you want the fast passes for. It's possible it's a glitch that's allowing it to happen, or maybe Disney is even alpha/beta testing it among a few workers and a glitch happened and you were able to do it. Who knows.

Could work for some but I imagine majority won't be able to do it. If it was like this now, there'd be a big announcement from Disney.

Right. It has always worked for us since we moved here in November. To be honest, until today I thought everyone knew about this. To your other point (as I have mentioned prior) it could be some sort of glitch with some and not others with the ability to do it, who knows. I know it works for us.

So after you use your original 3 prebooked, do you choose new ones or modify the ones you already have (had I guess if they are used)?

We have been choosing new ones as if we had never booked any for that day. The system tells you there is a conflict and you can resolve the conflict and book more Fast Passes. This is how it has worked for us thus far.

Right. It has always worked for us since we moved here in November. To be honest, until today I thought everyone knew about this. To your other point (as I have mentioned prior) it could be some sort of glitch with some and not others with the ability to do it, who knows. I know it works for us.

We have been choosing new ones as if we had never booked any for that day. The system tells you there is a conflict and you can resolve the conflict and book more Fast Passes. This is how it has worked for us thus far.
Do you make 3 new ones or 1 at a time?

Here now. Tried this and it did not work.

That stinks, sorry. It has never not worked for us. Others on here have tried and it worked for them as well.

All of your Fast Passes have been used for today?

And you tried to book new ones and it did not give you the "Conflict" message and let you replace them? Again, that stinks.

That stinks, sorry. It has never not worked for us. Others on here have tried and it worked for them as well.

All of your Fast Passes have been used for today?

And you tried to book new ones and it did not give you the "Conflict" message and let you replace them? Again, that stinks.
I do wonder if everyone is trying it the same way. In reading through I see variations on a theme and what appears to be misunderstandings.
IF I understand right... (the parks & times I mention are only used as an example
- you have 3 FPs booked in MK: Splash @9a, HM @10a, PoTC @11a
- You ride and use all three.
It's now 11:30 and you are in the gift shop of Pirates
- Using your 27" silver iPhone 8 , you click the MDE App (not Safari+website, no sir-e-bob!)
- You click the 3bar menu item (oops, I'm on an Android, so only assume it's the same on iOS), which opens a menu from the Left
- You click FastPass+
- You click "Choose New FastPass+ Experience" (now is when I stop 'following along' on my app, because I don't want to lose any of my 10 days of FPs that are scheduled!)
- You click TODAY'S DATE
- You get a CONFLICT message
- You do not get sad, you get happy for this error message!
- You choose ONE new ride, Space Mountain, for 12:30pm
----- this is the part I'm not sure about @DrivenByDisney : can you choose 3 new rides right now?
- You confirm
- You skip over to Space Mountain and ride using your new FP

I do wonder if everyone is trying it the same way. In reading through I see variations on a theme and what appears to be misunderstandings.
IF I understand right... (the parks & times I mention are only used as an example
- you have 3 FPs booked in MK: Splash @9a, HM @10a, PoTC @11a
- You ride and use all three.
It's now 11:30 and you are in the gift shop of Pirates
- Using your 27" silver iPhone 8 , you click the MDE App (not Safari+website, no sir-e-bob!)
- You click the 3bar menu item (oops, I'm on an Android, so only assume it's the same on iOS), which opens a menu from the Left
- You click FastPass+
- You click "Choose New FastPass+ Experience" (now is when I stop 'following along' on my app, because I don't want to lose any of my 10 days of FPs that are scheduled!)
- You click TODAY'S DATE
- You get a CONFLICT message
- You do not get sad, you get happy for this error message!
- You choose ONE new ride, Space Mountain, for 12:30pm
----- this is the part I'm not sure about @DrivenByDisney : can you choose 3 new rides right now?
- You confirm
- You skip over to Space Mountain and ride using your new FP

Pretty much, yes. Minus the iPhone 8 deal. I have a 4S :)

I have never tried to get three more actually. We don't wake up early enough for there to be enough Fast Passes left to try and get three more. I have never had an issue getting one more in the manner you just laid out. Though I don't see why not. If it works to get one, why not three?

However. I will be doing this method this week/weekend and will take screen shots to show what it looks like and how I do it all the time. I will do my best to try and get more than one extra.

I was glad to see others have posted on this thread they have done this and it worked just as it has worked for us.

You say at another park the same day. Have you also tried doing this for the same park after your three fast passes were used?

I'm wondering this too, as we don't have hoppers, so I'm hoping this works for same park you've already used the first 3 in

No, I seem to remember mine still showing in the app last summer, even after they had been used.

I don't think this is a moral thing, honestly, I have ALWAYS expected this functionality to become part of MDE. Think about it, it doesn't make sense for Disney to NOT let us do this. Part of the usefulness of the FP+ system is that people no longer need to spend time criss crossing the park to obtain FP's, but if you have to run to a kiosk for fp 4 etc. then you are right back where you were with legacy FP. Additionally, there are a limited number of FP kiosks in the park, tying them up with people who have smart phones / tablets and know what they are doing just adds to the lines and waiting. Letting those folks take care of FP 4 on their own frees those kiosks up for people who maybe need help, or just simply don't have a device to access MDE with. Basically, it is a win win for Disney and us, we spend more time on rides, in shops, eating, and less time in their FP kiosk line, and other guests get through those lines faster too. Exactly what Disney wants out of this system.

Precisely my thoughts. Doesn't seem like a glitch. Seems like the system being used as intended.

I'm just glad there's a thread about this. I mentioned it a few months ago and was totally ignored. I guess folks thought I was making it up. So happy to come across others with the same experience.

I will definitely give it a try next week. I am at AK on Monday and hopping over to MK at night and it would great if I could schedule some FP+ for MK once I use up my three in AK.

I'm on the fence whether this is a glitch or not or a precursor to changes.

But if this is what the system is going to be like going forward, it changes everything. Then people would want to have early FPs, as early as possible and then try to hit the app to get more. Right now it seems most people think it's best to save the prebooked FPs for the afternoon.

Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Im assuming you have APs and don't stay on property with a package, when doing this?????
His sig says:
Florida Resident AP Holder since 1989
Living at the Doorstep of the Magic​
So I'd assume that's a Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter