• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Report of Oregon college shooting...

Thanks, Dan, I'm sitting at a McDonald's about 15 feet from a TV. The last time I had looked, they were talking about the weather. Finally heard the words, "10 dead", and immediately came to the DIS, knowing someone would have posted about it on here!

So sad! And so sick of all the crazy stuff going on in our country lately!

Anyone ever feel like the whole damn world is going to hell in a hand basket? School shootings everyday, ISIS, Syrian Refugee problems, Growing National Debt

Anyone just ever look at all the chaos and says "hell with it?"

any reports on the shooter?
It is SOOOOO sick

This past weekend there were events for the 2 MOvie theater Shooting victims here in my city that happened 2 months ago-one was a balloon sendoff for the younger girl's birthda, the other was a memorial garden .
Many businesses still have signs-as do many residents.

From the Douglas Co Sheriff on Facebook:

Douglas County Sheriff's Office
4 mins ·

At about 10:38 AM, the 911 center received a report of a shooting at Umpqua Community College. Police units from multiple juristictions have responded.

Students and faculty members are being bused to the Douglas County Fairgrounds and can be picked up there.

We have no further information at this time.

137. I'm speechless. :sad1:

1 is too many. But, to be fair, the above number includes anything remotely on school property whether school is actually in session or not. A drug deal involving people not even remotely connected to the school goes bad on the bus lot at 2:00 am, on a Saturday, during Summer Break, and it is technically classified as a "school shooting". Most people wouldn't think of that as a "school shooting". Still, what most of us DO consider a school shooting has happened a LOT. :(

Regardless of how many dead...how sad and tragic that we continue to allow this to happen in our country. Thoughts and prayers to the countless numbers of people who will be affected.

It is very sad, though I'm not sure how you can ever not allow crazy things like this too happen.

My prayers are with the family .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter