• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Report the room problems

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
Are you someone that reports issues with your room to maintenance or just let it go? If you’re the latter, I urge you to report it, even if on your checkout day. This helps all members keep the rooms in good working order. Our recent experiences were in December we had a non agitating washing machine they needed to replace and did it same day when we were at the park. Wr also had a very slow shower drain at SSR this week they came and plunged within 15 minutes.
Mousekeeping probably catches some of these but it seems like they are also understaffed right now.
I know it can seem like an inconvenience to your vacation but it’s super easy to call when you’re on your way out the door to the park or at the very least call before you checkout. Sometimes I wonder how many guests had these issues before we reported them.

I’ve been lucky & rarely run into problems - but the one time I did was at VGF. The toilet was making that non stop running noise - couldn’t hear it unless you were in that portion of the bathroom. At home I would have opened the top & jiggled the thingy in there, but I’m no plumber so on my way to the parks I reported it to a CM in the lobby. I came back that night - not fixed, so the next morning I sent my son down to let them know maintenance hadn’t fixed it. The CM in the lobby insisted on giving me a $100 credit - my son told him it really was NBD & we didn’t expect a credit - my MF pay for that credit anyway (I own at VGF) but I ended up w/ the credit & the toilet was fixed when we returned that night.

I had a refrigerator at Copper Creek that wouldn't get below 60 degrees. (I now travel with a frig thermometer.) They came in and "worked on it" 2 days. Replaced it with another one that did not get below 50 degrees. Another 2 days messing with it, and finally brought one that worked. The same studio there was something wrong with the safe, they worked on. And the hot water would not get hot. The plumber said I was too far from the water heater, to let it run 25-30 minutes, then it should warm up! Can you believe that?! It was a non-park trip and I had people in my room messing with stuff for hours each day. It was terrible.

We always report.
Had a slow drain at BWV - the maintenance guy came by, fixed the drain. I mentioned the shower didn't seem to have pressure - he looked at the shower head and immediately went and got a new one. It was much better!!

I wish there was a quick, easy way to report maintenance problems that can be handled once I'm gone.

We were at OKW and the shower drain was super slow, I don’t mean slow, when I was done showering there was 3-4 inches of water in the tub. Called the front desk they sent out a cast member to fix it. They install a special drain stopper, so you cannot remove it and you need a tool. I just wonder how many stood in the water while they showered and thought this was normal. My DW, DD and DGD all have long, super fine blond hair. The hair drain catcher in my tub doesn’t catch everything and I have to clean out the drain about 2 times a year, but I clean it when it starts to drain slow.

…Copper Creek
…And the hot water would not get hot. The plumber said I was too far from the water heater, to let it run 25-30 minutes, then it should warm up! Can you believe that?! It was a non-park trip and I had people in my room messing with stuff for hours each day. It was terrible.
I had a cash room at the YC once, way out beyond the quiet pool near the Swolphin , that had water that was lukewarm, the plumber never did get it to warm up, I suspect because the room was so far from the boilers. They offered to move us, but we opted to stay, fortunately it wasn’t one of those ’rare’ freezing cold visits we’ve encountered in our annual Dec/Jan visits.

I had a refrigerator at Copper Creek that wouldn't get below 60 degrees. (I now travel with a frig thermometer.) They came in and "worked on it" 2 days. Replaced it with another one that did not get below 50 degrees. Another 2 days messing with it, and finally brought one that worked. The same studio there was something wrong with the safe, they worked on. And the hot water would not get hot. The plumber said I was too far from the water heater, to let it run 25-30 minutes, then it should warm up! Can you believe that?! It was a non-park trip and I had people in my room messing with stuff for hours each day. It was terrible.
Crazy for a newer resort. They should move you when they can't get it fixed quickly.

We were at OKW and the shower drain was super slow, I don’t mean slow, when I was done showering there was 3-4 inches of water in the tub. Called the front desk they sent out a cast member to fix it. They install a special drain stopper, so you cannot remove it and you need a tool. I just wonder how many stood in the water while they showered and thought this was normal. My DW, DD and DGD all have long, super fine blond hair. The hair drain catcher in my tub doesn’t catch everything and I have to clean out the drain about 2 times a year, but I clean it when it starts to drain slow.
Yes this was exactly it! We had a few inches of water when done showering and it took a good 20 minutes to fully drain once the water was off. I wondered myself how many people dealt with that before we called it in. We called when I was finishing getting ready thinking they would come while we were gone, and she came and had it fixed it with a quick plunging before we even left.

I usually do - I'm of the mind "They can't fix it if they don't know about it." Sometimes its easy but my last issue took three times to the desk (at SSR - not a small feet to hike down there) and needing to be in the room to explain the issue. The problem was that the Air unit wouldn't dry the air (it was September and super humid). It would cool, but not get the humidity out (gross cold wet air)- so much so that the floors were all covered in condensation and we were skating around (on a renovated room - with the vinyl floors). I went to the desk with pictures of the floor - but I think they thought i just wanted to make it cooler. They sent mousekeeping with towels - but not to solve the issue. Back again I went...but nothing. After dinner I went again and there was different staff at the desk. I had a maintenance guy come to the room so I could explain.

He was surprised as to what was going on...kicked the heat on and had condensation all over the TV screen even...it was bad. Once he saw what was happening, we were able to go to the pool and he fixed it (even texted us to let us know it was all set).

I did waste a ton of time on the issue - so much so I sent an email to member services that was copied to the GM of Saratoga Springs. I didn't hear anything from DVC, but the GM actually called me to apologize and thank me for letting them know.

Stuff happens I get it - it's how its handled that is the biggest thing for me. And if it is handled poorly, the result after all is said and done is a big tell. While it was not great how this all played out at the time, to get a call after the fact to resolve - says a lot to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter