Reporting from Vero Beach Resort - post Katrina

Margie J

<font color=navy>Please <font color=red>DON'T <fon
Well, the Resort area and Vero got by with little damage from Hurricane Katrina. Our beach front now has a 3-4 foot cliff though. Quite a sight to see.

The staff a VB did a great job yesterday, planning indoor activities for all as we stayed inside.

Looks like the turtle nests survived also, which is good.

Thanks to those who let me know about the computer in the Lobby!

:wave:

Glad to hear everyone's okay, and that the resort is okay, too. :wizard:

Thanks for posting the good news about Vero! My DW and I will be there in a couple of weeks. :) The last time we were there was right after they reopened following the last hurricane that really damaged the resort severely.

I arrived back home early this morning after 10 days at VB.

The beachfront was slowly getting back to normal with the "cliff" becoming smaller.

Lots of work is still being done on the Resort property. Roofing and painting are the main fix ups now. The new boardwalk to the beach is finished and beautiful.

The staff at VB was terrific for the entire vacation. They were all enthusiastic and ready to do whatever possible to help Guests.

Thanks for your report! We'll be checking in Friday evening. Our Labor Day trip last year was cancelled due to one of the storms - so I'm really excited to get back there!!!

Hi,

Thanks for reporting in!! Glad everything is alright there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter