Requesting a Server

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
Hi,
My mom and would like to request our asst. Server we had this past December on the Magic. We will be on the 11 night Iceland/Scotland/Norway.
How much effort does DCL actually put into matching requests IF that person is even still on board?
We have her First name and country for sure.. Need to dig if I have her last name anywhere ( I usually keep those tip slips things)

Arent most contract 6 months and then a break? so I am thinking IF she is still there if she might be "off"
thanks

I would send them an email with your reservation # in the subject line explaining what you want with as much detail and specific info you can give them.

I do believe they do their best to match requests when possible but it is not always possible.

I would send them an email with your reservation # in the subject line explaining what you want with as much detail and specific info you can give them.

I do believe they do their best to match requests when possible but it is not always possible.
Definitely. We just had the server we requested on the Dream June 3rd.

On my last cruise, my server told us that he'd been serving the same family for over ten years on the Dream. He said that they started as a couple and now they've got kids and one of the kids was even named after the server!

So, if your server is available, there's a good chance that Disney will honor your request. It's hard to know when servers are available, though.

We had a repeat server on our April cruise. Once we boarded the ship we ran into her on cabanas. We zipped down to deck 2 and went to the table and asked the dining team if we could request Her. Just so happens we were already in the same rotation that she was in, so was an easy switch. That was our first time getting a favorite server (after 27 cruises). The timing has never worked out us in the past so just stopped asking. Funny how it worked out!

We've had the same server over 10 times and always request her if she is going to be on one of our sailings. They always make it happen.

You can double check if your request is met by going where the dining team is on the ship or doing the chat on the app with the dining team. I was able to use the chat feature as soon as I boarded to ask who my servers were and they were able to get it switched. I have always been able to use my servers first name and country and they can find them by that.

We have been lucky requesting a server or assistant server. It all depends on if they are working or not. We usually got one or the other (as they are often split up due to the length of their contract).

You can double check if your request is met by going where the dining team is on the ship or doing the chat on the app with the dining team. I was able to use the chat feature as soon as I boarded to ask who my servers were and they were able to get it switched. I have always been able to use my servers first name and country and they can find them by that.
This. :flower: We have requested a server several times. If that server is on board, they will do what they can to move you to their rotation/seating once on board if it hasn't been picked up already from your shoreside request but the sooner you check the better.

I wanted to request our last server he was absolutely the best server I have ever had we but he changed ships and is now sailing on the Magic I am so sad

I wanted to request our last server he was absolutely the best server I have ever had we but he changed ships and is now sailing on the Magic I am so sad
Who was it? Maybe he'll still be there when I'm on the Magic in the fall!

Roston Colaco from Mumbai he was absolutely the best I am not joking if your server isn’t there request him I can’t say enough good things about him. My husband is not a good tipper and I usually have to have money in my hand when we go places but I told him I wanted to tip him extra and how much and he was happy to give him the extra tip

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter